Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 20, 2007

Traffic, I hate Traffic!

Friday evening Rocky and I headed to the A's game with Amy, Petra and Olivia. Petra had a bunch of extra tickets so she had invited us. Turned out the game was pretty boring and the place was pretty empty. Oh well, we had a good time chatting with each other and people watching. Everyone except for Petra was running on Saturday so we were good kids and ate pretty good. Well, pretty good for a ball game. Olivia and Petra had brought their own food and Amy and I managed to find a booth that sold stuff other than hot dogs. We had a nice yummy chicken taco salad. Only thing not so healthy in it was the sour cream but oh well :o) Rocky had a sandwich and a baked potato. Funny how much ballpark food has changed and gotten a little fancier. Rocky and I left the game at the start of the 7th inning, my goal was to be in bed by 10pm since I had to get up at 5:00 :o(

Saturday, alarm went off at 5:00 :o( and up I was. I got the doggies fed and pottied and then I got ready for the run. I had my oatmeal and luna bar, woke up Rocky (BOYS! how come it only takes them like 10min to get ready?), he got ready and ate and we were out of the house by 6:00am. I was meeting Olivia at 6:30 so I could get part of my run in before the teams arrived. My original plan was to do 7 miles with Olivia and then do 8 with the summer/fall teams. By the time we got going though it was about 6:45, after our first mile I went back to my car to drop off my sweater cause I was already hot, then we had to stretch. When I got to mile 3 I realized maybe I should turn around and start heading back. Rocky arrived around that time to set up the waterstop for the team but there was a little bit of chaos and confusion. Olivia and I stepped in to help out and by the time we got things squared away it was too late for me to run back so I got a ride back from Phil :o( my run plan wasn't working out so well. I got back to the start and did my Captain duties, I decided it was too late to head out and do 12 miles so I just hung around and helped out. I called Mrs. Jeanette and asked her if she'd run with me on Sunday since she wasn't able to run either. She said, YES! YAY! there was no way I was going to run 12 miles alone.

I have to admit though I was pretty cranky about having to run on Saturday because it meant no sleeping in on Sunday and basically my whole day would be gone :o( I was so looking forward to just cleaning my house, relaxing and catching up on TV. Oh well, gotta do what you gotta do.

Who signed me up to run New York???? Oh wait, I did, haa, haa!

Anywho, the rest of Saturday wasn't so bad, except for the part where we sat in TRAFFIC FOR 2 HOURS :o( We were going to head to Daly City to Rocky's parent's house for dinner and we knew there was a football game at Candlestick so we decided that we'd just take showers, get the doggies packed up and head out. We figured if we left the house by 3pm we'd be safe since the game didn't start til 7pm. We were so wrong! We pulled out of our house at exactly 3pm, I was pretty pooped from the morning and had fallen asleep by the time we got to Emeryville, which is only about 10 minutes from our house :o) I had seen that there was traffic but no biggie because even with traffic it never takes us long to get across the bridge and get to Daly City. I woke up about an hour later and we were still trying to get to the toll booth :o( I was not a happy camper. Lucky for us the doggies were also pooped and were sleeping also. We walked into Rocky's parents at 5 minutes to 5:00 :o( I hate traffic. We had much better luck going home.

Sunday, alarm went off at 5:30 :o( and did the whole routine from the previous morning all over again. I met Jeanette at the trail head starting at Rudgear in Walnut Creek at 7:30. The plan was to run from Walnut Creek to Danville. The trail was pretty shaded the whole way which was nice cause the sun was out pretty early. Going towards Danville is always a little tougher because you have a slight incline the whole way, the return is much nicer. We made it 5 miles out and decided we were feeling great so we kept going and made it to mile 6. The way back was much warmer but we had a nice breeze. We were both feeling great and around 8.75 Jeanette went ahead and took off and ran faster. She's been able to stay under 10 minute miles and feel good. I on the other hand don't do so well going that fast so I stayed back. I was feeling pretty good until about mile 10 1/2 when my belly started bothering me. The Gu was making me sick :o( I walked about half mile of the last mile. Other than the belly issues though we had a great run and lucky for us even though it was warm the breeze and the trail having a lot of shade helped us out quite a bit. We did 12.14 miles in 2:20 minutes. Afterwards we treated ourselves to a yummy breakfast at Sunrise Bistro in Walnut Creek.

I headed home, took a shower and climbed into bed with my little Patchie Poo. Ms. Daisy hung out in the living room with her daddy. 2 hours later I woke up from my nap to find Daisy playing by herself and her toys because he daddy had passed out :o) Uhhh, so much for Rocky babysitting. Good thing she is potty trained and isn't into tearing up our house.

After our naps we headed to Olivia's house to hang out. She made us a very yummy dinner. We read a blog called, Confessions of a Pioneer Women, the lady who writes it has recently started a separate blog of recipes so Olivia took her Spicy Shrimp recipe and cooked it up for us. It was easy to make and very very tasty. We also had salad, rice and bread. We opened up some of the latest wine we picked up at Cline and enjoyed it all. Afterwards we watched a movie, I can't remember the name, it was different but very funny. Of course the evening wouldn't be complete without dessert so Olivia provided us with an Apple Crisp and Vanilla ice cream. It was a nice ending to the weekend.

1 comment:

Phil said...

i'm so proud of you and Jeanette. Way to get in the 12 on Sunday! Good job!