Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 27, 2007

Table for 9, Please

Friday?Friday? What did I do on Friday? Oh yeah, nothing. We stayed home and cleaned our house for a dinner party we were hosting on Saturday. We also had to be up early for the run so we tried to be done cleaning by 9ish so we could relax.

Saturday we were up early once again to meet the team at the Berkeley Marina for a run. I was suppose to do 12 miles but only got in 5.5 :o( Because of time I wasn't going to be able to do 12 but I figured I'd get in half of the mileage, I felt icky and my belly was starting to hurt from the GU and GU2O so I decided to cut the run short. Urrrgghhh, I'm really getting frustrated with this issue. Gotta figure out a new solution :o(

Rocky and I had breakfast after the run at our usual spot, The Coffee Mill, YUMMY! Then it was back home to get ready for our dinner party. We invited over the band and their wives and in total there were 9 of us. On the menu:

Drinks
Pomegranate Martini's for the ladies
and beer for the boys

Appetizers
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies
Mozzarella, Tomatoe, Basil Bread Bites
Grilled Oysters with Pico de Gallo

Dinner
Spicy Shrimp
Couscous w/Feta Cheese, green onions, garbanzo beans and cherry tomatoes (thanks for the idea Ms. Amy) :o)
Green Beans w/Butter & Almonds

Entertainment
UFC Championship Fighting....YUCK! Rocky ordered Pay Per View and the boys watched the fight while the girls chit chatted away.

As you can see I had a nice spread planned out for the evening and if you know me you know that I am super OCD and everything had to be perfect. I like everyone to be comfortable and well fed. Making sure that everything comes out of the oven on a timely matter and coordinating that the side dishes are done at the same time and making sure things don't get cold is sometimes a challenge for me. I still have a hard time coordinating all foods to be done at the same time. Anyway, I spent the ENTIRE afternoon in my kitchen getting things ready. We have wood floors and I was barefoot in the kitchen (NOT preggy though....LOL) and it wasn't til everyone had left and I had sat on the couch that I realized how SORE I was. My entire body hurt. My back, my calves, shoot even my butt cheeks hurt from standing in the kitchen all afternoon/night with no shoes on :o( poopy!

The dinner turned out super yummy, everyone enjoyed all the food and we barely had any leftovers. It was a nice evening with everyone.

Sunday, I met Karen for brunch at the Coffee Mill while Rocky was at Kali. After brunch I had some errands to run but I was pooped and still sore so I put my pajammies back on and plopped on the couch for the rest of the day with my hubby and our doggies.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend - except for standing around the kitchen cooking all day!