Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 21, 2007

It's the thought that counts

Monday's I usually have the night off from running so last night I met up with my best friend Debbie for dinner. I don't see her very often, she lives in Livermore, works in San Jose and her weekend schedule is just as busy if not busier than mine are. Yesterday she had a meeting in Martinez so we decided to meet up after work since she'd be driving by San Ramon to head home. After about 30 minutes of searching for a Japanese Restaurant, that was open, we ended up at a place off Bollinger and Alcosta. It was okay but not all that great. I think I like my two places in Walnut Creek or our Oakland Sushi Boat House better. I'll have to ask Ms. Amy if she's ever been there. We still had a nice evening though hanging out and chatting.

I had seen Debbie on my birthday but we both had forgotten to bring each other's birthday gifts to exchange so we did it last night. She not only gave me my birthday present but she also had a wedding/house warming gift for Rocky and I. It was a nice throw to put on our couch it matches perfectly with our colors and she hasn't even been to our house :o) Good job Debbie!

When I was opening it I noticed that the box had our names on it and I asked if she had gotten it engraved. She said she had. She's said "Oh I think I even got everything right"....haa, haa. Nope not quite. She couldn't find our wedding announcement in her pile of mail at home and she couldn't find in her email any of the stuff we emailed her when we got married. So she guessed. She thought we flew into Maui on Friday and got married on Saturday, April 28. We actually flew into Maui on Saturday and got married on Sunday, April 29. Hee, hee, so our blankie says


Rocky & Claudia

April 28, 2007

Oh well, she tried :o) that's the day we got engaged so the date does mean something to us :o)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I haven't tried it; I usually drive to Danville for Kane Sushi.