Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 06, 2007

From 4 to 10

I think I need one more day off :o(

Well, I am happy to report that my run on Saturday went very well. I wasn't able to get in 13 miles because I ran out of time and had to get back to fulfill my duties as PR Captain but I did manage to get in 10 good miles :o) YAY for me.

I got to the Alameda Ferry Building about 7am, Olivia and I were going to start our run earlier than the team so I could get back in time to do the spirit cape stuff. By the time we got going it was about 7:15. We ran out about 0.75 miles, stretched and used then potty then headed out on our run. It was a already warm but luckily we had a head wind. Not so good for running into but at least it kept us cool. The sun had broke early which meant that on the way back it'd probably be quite warm. It was but we still had the wind keeping us a bit cool :o( We made it to the 5 mile turnaround and were feeling great. We loaded up on our gels, walked for a few minutes and then picked it up again. We finished 10 miles in 1 hour and 54 minutes and we were both feeling great. I had to stick around to do stuff with the teams but when Phil finished his 10 miles, him and Olivia went out for 2 more and did 12...YAY for Olivia and Phil. I wasn't in pain but I decided that I should ice my ankle just in case. Coach saw me icing and got worried that I was hurting which I wasn't but he did agree that icing just in case was a good idea. He asked me when my last run was and how far, it was Lake Chabot and 4 miles. He was proud of me for doing 10 and told me that I was mentally there and that's why I did it. I gotta admit I don't think I was mentally ready, I was kind of freaking out that I wouldn't be able to do even 8 miles without dying. I am happy and I think I'm back on track....YIPEE!!!!

And as for the weather, Sunday and today it's overcast, cold and it's been sprinkling.....very weird.

Saturday afternoon we took Patch and Daisy to a doggie festival in Danville. It wasn't what I had expected, it was much smaller and it was 95 degrees which is too hot for my doggies. Patch hates the heat. Rocky wasn't feeling great and we were both pooped so we didn't stay long. We headed back home and all four us climbed in the bed and took a 2 hour nap.

Here is a funny though from the festival. I bought a carrier/backpack for Daisy. She isn't allowed to socialize with other doggies or be on the icky ground until she gets all her shots but we want to start socializing her with people so we'd like to start taking her out. The carrier/backpack will also serve as her car seat. Anyway, so when we got to the festival I put the backpack on and we walked around I asked Rocky if she was doing okay and she was. She was just sticking her head out of a little window checking everyone out. She was tied in the backpack from a strap that you tie to her collar. All of a sudden I

feel something tug from behind. Daisy had decided to jump out from the little window and I kid you not it was like Daisy had gone bungee jumping. She jumped out and was hanging from the strap she was tied. All you saw was this little thing hanging from the backpack with a little blue dress. I am cracking up right now just writing this it was the funniest site ever. Although at the moment it happened I freaked out and thought she had broke her neck. Ummmm, we won't be opening her window anymore, at least not when we are walking around and just in case she decides to bungee jump again we are getting her a harness so she's not hanging from her neck :o(

Saturday evening Olivia and I headed to SF to watch Rocky's band play. We met up at Chevy's for dinner and then headed to the city. As always the boys put on a great show, it was just a bummer that there weren't a lot of people there. Seems like the place really doens't bring in a big crowd. Oh well, we had a great time.



Sunday was literally a DO NOTHING day. I was suppose to meet Petra at the dog park but I was too tired so I didn't go. Instead we all slept in. Rocky had cancelled Kali also. He hasn't been feeling good and really needed the rest. We rolled out of bed and onto the couch about 11ish, had lunch and then proceeded to watch 6 hours of Law & Order SVU :o) I love that show and they had a marathon going on. I think we even took naps in between, doggies included. We had made plans on Friday to meet Lael, Anthea and Olivia for dinner so we eventually had to get our of our jammies. We headed to Walnut Creek around 6:30 and met everyone for dinner at PF Chang's. We had a late celebrating for Lael's birthday since he had been out of the country on his actual birthday. It was a fun time with the gang. We headed back home put our jammies back on and called it a night. I think we made it til about 12:30/1am before Rocky started a rough night of coughing :o( he is sickie. This weather isn't helping. Hopefully he gets better soon. Tonight we'll just go home , eat some chicken soup and relax. I sure hope I don't catch whatever he has :o(

No comments: