Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 01, 2007

Meet Daisy

Well last night was my first buddy run in weeks. I was actually looking forward to it though, I've been really bummed about not running. I hadn't really looked at the schedule but I guess last night was our first night to go around the lake 2 times :o( I decided to just go for on and not over due it. One of our participants from the Fall team came out, she is getting a head start on training. She really wants to get in the groove of the schedule and she wanted to see how long it would take for her to get to Lake Merritt from her work. Anyway, so since she didn't really know anyone and she said she ran a 10-10:30 mile I thought I'd run with her....OH BOY...that only lasted for about a mile an a half. She is WAY faster than a 10 minute mile. She dusted all of us on the summer team. She did a great job. As for me, I didn't do to bad. I was breathing pretty hard from trying to keep up with her but I slowed it down a bit and managed to run the entire time. I did 3.31 miles in 36.31 minutes. YIPEEE! I had no problems while running, my ankle is a little sore today but for the most part I feel great :o) Tonight I am running with Olivia on the Ironhorse Trail. Ms. Amy decided she needs to get her hair done so she won't be there :o)

and now I will introduce MS. DAISY - DOB May 28, 2007



Daisy is our new puppy. She is a chihuahua/yorkie mix. She is suppose to be about half the size of Patch, about 6-7 lbs. I won't hold my breath though, Patch was suppose to be small and he's now 15 lbs. We'll see what happens with her. Rocky and I have been going back and forth with the decision to get a puppy for a long time. The biggest reason for wanting another one is that Patch is home alone a lot. During the week Rocky and I are gone 3 days training and poor Patch is home alone from 8-6 and then from 6:30-8/9 depending on how late our runs go. We feel really guilty and thought that getting him a friend would be good. My concern about getting another puppy though was that Patch is a spoiled brat and I wasn't sure if he'd go for it or be a total spoiled doggy and make our lives miserable. So far things are working out though. Daisy is 9 weeks old and a big baby. She knows that Patch is in charge and hasn't tried to take over. For the most part they get along, they play and hang out together. Patch does tend to be a baby sometimes though and is mean to her. Will take her toys away or bones that she is playing with. He also forgets that he is 13lbs heavier than her and sometimes is to rough with her. I know he's just playing but he is a big boy and she is so tiny. We have to keep an eye on him. It also seems like it has calm Patch down as far as how he treats Rocky and I. He doesn't seem to be barking as much and he has been very cuddly and loving with us. I think he might think we brought Daisy home to punish him, haa, haa. During the day Daisy and Patch stay together in the kitchen. I think they pretty much sleep all day. Daisy is doing great with potty training. She had already been using potty pads and when she came to our house she saw Patch's litter box and started using it. She seems to be catching on quicker than Patch did. Once we can take her outside to potty I think she'll do great. Sleeping has been a challenge although getting better. We are on week 2 of having her and each day gets a little better. The first week I had about 3 hours of sleep each night. Now we are making almost through the whole night with no whining. She'll whimper a few times and then fall back asleep. I've got her in a crate next to our bed so she can see me. Patch sleeps in a crate on the other side of the bed next to Rocky. Good thing we have a big room. So we are all adjusting. I think it'll be okay and everyone will get along and be happy. I just need to be patient with Daisy, she's just a itty bitty baby. And YES Ms. Daisy will also be wearing clothes :o) she already has 2 dresses and a couple of pink shirts. Auntie Olivia brought her over a super cute dress last weekend that she'll be wearing to a doggie party this weekend that I'm taking both Patch and her too. I know I'm crazy :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...she's adorable!!! Can't wait to meet Ms.Daisy Reyes :)

Carol said...

Too cute for words! Patch looks huge next to Daisy...how funny. I can't wait to meet her!

Sylvia said...

Daisy is adorable! Can't wait to give her a hug. Is that pink and white dress from Liv? How cute!! Sylvia