Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 14, 2008

Itty Bitty Mini Tri

Week 6 has come to and end and it really was a recovery week for me. I didn't quite get in the 5 days of training I've been doing so good at :o( oh well, I think it still went well though and it was a recovery week anyway, right?

Saturday we were suppose to do a spring distace triathlon but it didn't quite work out that way so things had to be moved around a bit. We were at Campolindo in Moraga and Moraga Road had major construction going on so it wasn't safe for us to be on it on our bikes.

The morning started with a wetsuit clinic since everyone was getting their wetsuits, I'm using the one I have from Wildflower, no need for a new one. It was pretty funny watching everyone get into them, those darn things are such pain in the rear. No matter how many suggestions you get on how to put them on it's just not easy and by the time you end up in it you feel like a sausage.

After we got our wetsuits on we were to swim in the pool with them for 5 minutes. Not too long because you can overheat in them so it was a quick swim just so everyone could get a taste of how it feels to swim in them. Then we had to get out and take them off and the hop back in the pool for a 15 minute warm up. I'm not quite sure how many laps I did during my warmup but I felt pretty good. After the warm up we started our mini triathlon. Olympic team did 500 yards and then it was out of the water to our bikes. The bike ride was about 1.8 miles the first half all UPHILL but I did it :o) slowly but I did it. Then it was the run and it was the same loop as the bike so all UPHILL and although my legs were a bit sluggish I actually ran the whole thing...woohooo. I was prettye excited because I NEVER run the hills :o) yay me!


and that was it :o( workout was over. I think it took way longer to get ready for this workout then it did to actually do it. It was a good day though and then I headed home.

Sunday I didn't feel like driving all the way back out to the other side of the tunnel so I figured I'd run on my own at Lake Merritt but ummm, oopsy that never did happen. For some reason I was insanely tired and Saturday was also a bad eating evening for me and I'd had a couple of beers so I was feeling sluggish. So no run :o(

Today starts week 7 of training and the only thing on my brain right now is that on Saturday I have to swim at Aquatic Park in San Francisco.....aaaaahhhhhhh....I am mentally not ready to go jump in the bay :o( I'm scared :o(

No comments: