Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 02, 2008

Aqua Challenge

Aqua and Challenge in the same title, that makes my belly a little woozy. We got our weekly email from Coach Paul this week and among lots of other topics one of them is signing up for the Del Valle Aqua Challenge on July 26th...YIKES! It's basically a 1 mile swim with wetsuit at Del Valle. Hmmm, wonder if the water their is just as gross as Shadow Cliffs? This race makes me a bit nervous because I'm 100% certain that there will be some very competitive people there and I sure hope they don't squash me, hit me or drown me. It will however be a good workout and a good way to judge where I am with my swimming. I am doing pretty good, well I'd like to think I"m doing good, in the pool but of course even though we are doing over a mile in workouts it's not a cotinuous swim, this will be. However, that's not all. After this 1 mile aqua challenge we are having a coached run. Should make for an interesting workout. Swim a mile and then run what I am assuming will be no fewer than 3 miles.

Last nights workout went well and I'm happy with my performance and I think Amy and Phil did good as well :o) 2600 yards = 1.48 miles (took Phil & I about 1 hour 10 minutes)

Warm Up:
2 x 200 LVL2 (15”RI)
2 x 25 Finger Tip Drag (15”RI)
2 x 25 Distance Per Stroke (15”RI)

Main Set:
2 x 250 LVL5 (15”RI)
4 x 50 (25 DPS, 25 Build) 15”RI
2 x 200 LVL6 (15”RI)
4 x 50 (25 BBR, 25 Build) 15”RI
2 x 150 LVL6 (15”RI)
300 LVL3 (Focus on Form)

Cool Down:
100 LVL1, 100 BF

The distances are getting higher and I really didn't think that we'd finish before the pool closed but because we had to do most of the workout at high levels we did finish in time. Phil and I finished a little before Amy and then we waited for her. By the time Amy and I got showered and dressed it was 9pm, we came out to the parking lot and found this:



a very empty parking lot :o(

I grabbed a bit to eat on the way home, got home and unpacked, played with doggies for a bit and got a care package ready for my parents and Misty :o) and then hit the sack.

OHHHHH wait, me forgot.

I also RAN 3.15 miles before I went to the swim. Haa, haa, how could I forget. It's why my legs are a bit sore today. I actually ran this time and it's downhill on the way out but all uphill on the way back. I felt pretty good though so I'm happy with the run. 3.15 miles in 38.19 minuts.

No comments: