Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 29, 2008

Circus Fun....continued

So for his 32nd birthday our friend Lael decided he wanted to do a trapeze class, he'd done it a few weeks ago and really liked it so he thought it'd be fun to do it with a group of friends for his birthday. Rocky had to help a friend so he couldn't make it but I went along and so did Olivia. I was scared the few days leading up to it I was scared on our way there and I was scared when I was on top of the platform and it was my turn I was scared. YIKES, what did I get myself into.


Remember too that I had a rough morning so I was beat but luckily I had food in my belly thanks to Ms.Olivia who'd picked up a sandwich for me...THANK YOU!


Anyway, there were 4 of us who'd never done this before and 3 that had. The trainers there taught the 4 of us newbies on a bar closer to the ground :o) how to do a knee hang and the rest of the group learned a new position since they had already mastered the knee hang. After we all figured out how to do what we needed to do and the trainer went over the the rules of the property we figured out our order of going up to the platform and then it was time. It was time to climb the tall tall ladder and do our knee hangs.


We were harnessed in so that made me feel a little better but I was still quite nervous when it was my turn. When they say "ready" you bend your needs and when they say "hemp" you jump. They guy said HEP! I did nothing. He said it again and I did nothing. I was too scared to jump but I think after the 3rd time I finally did it. It was a bit scary but it was fun :o) We pretty much did this for almost 2 hours and OMG, I have the bruises on my legs to prove it. Towards the end of our class they taught us how to let go of the bar and try to grab on to the "catcher" and on my second attempt I almost did it but I did fall to the net before he grabbed me. That is what you see in the video I posted yesterday.


I'm sure I'm leaving out a bit but the day is a little of a blurr to me. I had a GREAT time and would love to go back with Rocky. I think he'd be great at it. I have to say though that on Sunday I HURT everywhere and today I have some nasty bruises in every color of the rainbow on the back of my knees and legs. Pretty darn funny.






No comments: