Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 09, 2008

Dumb Pool :o(

:o( We've had some challenges with swimming at the San Ramon Aquatic Center and it's getting frustrating. There are plenty of pools to swim at in Oakland but I chose to swim in San Ramon because it's cleaner, bigger and because I have Phil and Amy. It has been very good for me to have them both because we all push each other. There is no way I'd get through the workouts if I was doing them alone. The bad part about swimming at SR is that I have to stay in Danville til 7pm (summer hours) when the pool opens. I've been trying to walk 3 miles on Tuesdays and Thursdays to kill the time which is good for me to do and sometimes if I need to run errands then I do that instead. It's still a pain though but it's worth it to have my swim buddies :o) Last night I ran errands and got to the pool at 6:30 to a sign on the door that said "LAP POOL CLOSED SORRY FOR THE INCONVINIENCE" WHAT? WHY? urrggghhhhhhh, urrrrgghhhh, I could have just gone home or we could have gone to the pool in Walnut Creek or even nasty Shadow Cliffs :o( I called Phil and Amy and didn't do our workout. I had dinner with Amy instead, darn POOL! I guess something broke and it's suppose to be fixed by today.

There is a huge possiblity that our run will be cancelled since it's suppose to be even hotter today. It was 107 here in Danville yesterday, YUCK!!! I am going to call the pool today and if whatever broke is fixed today then we'll do our swim workout today. I may try to walk my 3 miles but we'll see. I almost melted away yesterday just walking to my car which is not far at all :o( Good thing this week (week 6) is our second recovery week so taking it easy is okay.

Week 5 Recap

Week 5 went well for me and I'm happy with how it ended to because I was a bit worried about Saturday's bike ride. We tend to be negative at times about our ability to perform all the workouts and in the end all 3 of us do them and are always suprised about it. I'm really proud of all of us for how hard we have been pushing ourselves especially on our swim days. It can get tough at times.

The swims last week were intense and long but we did great :o) YAY AMY & PHIL!

Because of the holiday and my birthday festivities I did not run on Friday or Sunday, bad girl :o) so last week I only worked out 3 days, oopsy!

I was very worried about Saturday's workout because we were riding in the Pleasanton/Sunol area and although there aren't any insane Oakland Hills hills it's still rolling hills and I do not do well on them. The bike has been my biggest challenge and it's what worries me the most for race day. We started out our day with a bike clinic and then a tire changing clinic. I was actually pretty happy with changing my tire, I had one minor issue but once the coach showed me what I was doing wrong I got my tire hanged on back on the bike :o)

Oh and between bike clinic and riding our training captain, Anthea, thought it'd be cool to have the WHOLE team sing Happy Birthday to me, uhhhh I think I turned 30 shades of red :o(


Then it was off to ride. The Olympic team was to do 90 minutes although right before we took off they said to do 50 minutes out and 50 minutes so I did :o) I felt icky for the first 7 miles and was really struggling up the little hills but at one point Coach Paul came up behind me and told me when to shift and where my chaing should be while we were going up the hill. Then he did it again coming down the hill. OMG, two little tips and what a difference. How come no one told me this before? I'm not going uphill at 30 mph but WOW I can actually get up a hill without wanting to cry, I'm slow but hey I can get up it and my legs don't feel like they are going to fall off or like I'm gonna need to stop and probably won't be able to stop and fall over on my bike cause I'm clipped in.....can you tell I have anxiety about hills? :o( Anyway, the tips helped and I managed to get in 22 miles. I was very happy with getting it done...YAY ME!


No comments: