Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 08, 2008

4th of July & Birthday Fun

I'll have to update on training tomorrow or this will end up being a SUPER long post. So let's start with the fun stuff :O)

Friday Rocky, the doggies and I headed out to Lafayette for a picnic with the gang :O).

THANKS OLIVIA for getting out there a lot earlier to grab us a spot. It was a very nice spot.

Rocky & I had agreed to bring some yummy tri-tip as the main meat dish so we got up a bit early to start cooking. I didn't go on my scheduled run so we were able to sleep in a little which was nice. As soon as the food was done we headed out. There was a nice array of food and about 20 of us out there. We ate, we chit chatted and just relaxed. It was nice being with the gang, we had a great time and it turned out to be such a nice day. Warm but not like this 107 degree crazy weather we are having today.

I'm not sure why but when we got home I was exhausted. All I did was eat, drink and talk all day, it was tiring though :o) Even the doggies were pooped. This was the car ride home :o)



Since Rocky and I both had to be up early for my bike ride and his run we decided to skip the fireworks and just go home and relax. We are glad we did. We gave the doggies a bath, took showers ourselves and I think I passed out by 8:30 :o)

Saturday was a very long day for both of us but it was a great day and I had a great birthday.

I started out my day by heading out to Foothill High in Pleasanton. Our team had a scheduled bike ride, Olympic team did 90 minutes. I had given someone a ride in so afterwards I had to take her home, then stopped to get some food on my way home in Montclair, went home and ate lunch with Rocky, then went back to Montclair to get my eye brows waxed and buy some hair supplies. I realized at this time that I had NO CAKE ordered for my bday so I placed a SOS call to Olivia and she helped me out...THANK YOU...I had to make a trip to the mall to find bottoms for my birthday outfit and so by the time I got home it was 3:30 :o( I attempted to take a quick nap but with all the text messaging and phone calls that didn't happen, boo, hoo. We got ready and headed out of the house at 6pm and made it right on time to my 6:30 party.

I decided to have my birthday at Artisan Wine Lounge & Cafe in Walnut Creek. It is a very cute place, casual but nice with lots of yummy food, sangria and great wine choices. I had a great time and I think everyone else did too.

THANK YOU for a wonderful evening to my hubby and all our great friends and family. The night couldn't have turned out better.








After everyone left Artisan a few of us decided to head to 1515 to check it out and continue the party. I think we were all pretty exhausted though because we plooped ourselves at a table, had a few drinks and some pizza and then headed out.

Good thing we didn't attempt to go dancing because I don't think any of us would have made it...haa, haa. Gosh we are getting old :O) When we got home I opened up all my lovely gifts and then hit the sack.

Sunday I got to sleep in a little and then I headed out to Walnut Creek to have brunch with Olivia and Lindsay. Afterwards I walked around a little and then went home. I just lounged around for the afternoon and watched tv. I also looked online for doggies.

So Misty did not work out for my parents and they had to return her to the humane society :O( I told them not to pick up another one and I would help them find one. I did some research online and found a few in their area although I think because of the holiday weekend some people didn't repond back or maybe they had sold the puppies. My dad did take a trip to a place though that fosters dogs first before adopting them out which means they know a little bit more about the dogs. He said the place was icky though :o( and the doggies didn't look all that great. So that didn't work out. I found a dog here in Martinez around 4ish so Rocky and I took a drive to look at it and OMG she was adorable. I had emailed my dad the pictures and asked him what he thought. I couldn't buy the dog though til I heard from him, no more doggies in our house :o( So as we are just getting home my dad called and said go for it. Haa, haa, so I had to get back in my car and go get her before she got sold. We brought her home and set her up in the bathroom. She was a good little girl, PHEW!! Good thing cause I was thinking it would be a sleepless night. Well then the dilema of how to get her to my dad and after a few phone calls and emails we deciced to meet in Buttonwillow (near Bakersfield).

Monday I had a day off so it worked out great. I drove 4 hours and my parents drove about 2 and we met in Buttonwillow and did the doggie hand off. They really liked her. How could you now? She's adorable.


We only had her for about 12 hours but Rocky and I really liked her and wanted to keep her, haa, haa. Yes, can you say crazy dog lady? Now starts the fun of puppyhood with potty training her but as long as they stay consistent and in charge I think it'll go well. It only took about a week for the other dog to start going outside. I keep telling my dad not to feel bad if she cries when she's in her crate or contained in the house. That's part of it, right? No feeling bad or she'll RULE the house. Kind of like in my house. Doggies are in charge and we just live there, haa, haa.

Anyway, so this is Misty Version 2

I left our home at 9am and arrived in Buttonwillow at 1pm and we hung out and chatted until 2pm and then I drove home. I made it home by 6pm. I had stopped by Harris Ranch to potty and take Daisy out for a walk. Oh, Daisy made the trip with me and she was NOT a happy camper. It was hot and although she did sleep most of the way, she missed Patch. Anywho, I got some yummy fresh steaks at Harris Ranch for dinner :o) I got home and hubby cooked and we had a nice BBQ dinner. I relaxed a bit and got my stuff ready for swimming tonight and work today.

Phew, I'm tired again just from writing all that.

No comments: