Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 17, 2008

Dig Deep

People continue to think it's funny that I have to go to sleep no later than 10pm and that I have to have my 8 hours of sleep or I can't function. I DID NOT have 8 hours on Tuesday, I had more like 4 :o( I could not go to sleep cause I kept thinking about everything I needed to have for yesterday's workout and for Saturday's swim :o( the doggies were good even though Rocky was gone but when he got home of course they got crazy and of course even though Rocky tries to be quiet I still wake up. Anyway it was a bad night. I was falling alseep at work all day and yikes, I was falling asleep driving to practice. Not good.

Workout was suppose to be

10 min out and 10 min back bike ride
5 min out and 5 min back run
10 min out and 10 min back bike ride
5 min out and 5 min back run
5 minute out and 5 min back bike ride cool down

My workout went more like this

10 min out/back bike ride (struggling, feeling lathargic and just plain exhausted)
5 min out/back run
10 min out/back run

I put my cycling stuff on to do the second 10 out/back but then decided I was just to tired and took them all off and declared I was done with th cycling :o( Coach Adam told me this is when we dig deep, I so sorry but I have no energy for digging :o(

I decided to go for a longer run so instead of 10 minutes I did 20 minutes. I then came back and did ride my bike on the grassy area (to break a fall in case I fell) and practiced clipping out of only one pedal (my left) so that when I come to a stop sign or stop light I don't have to fully clip out of my pedals. I haven't learned that yet and always seem to topple over. Went well and now I'm hoping I can actually do it on the ride on Sundsay.

Then I got all emotional (no one noticed, phew) because I was standing waiting for the team to finish and I turned to where my bike was and saw that the person next to me had a picture of Brenda on it, boo, hoo :o( made sad.

I am feeling much better today and hope to have a good swim. I'll give the brick workout a better try next week.

1 comment:

Phil said...

was it my pic of Brenda? if so that's to help everyone "dig deep". no matter. i'm always proud of ya cappy!