Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 30, 2008

Week 4 - COMPLETE

Week 4 of training is complete and I actually am feeling pretty good. It was a bit challenging as far as the air quality but the actual workouts seemed okay. Had a good two days of swimming, a good strength day on Wednesday and a good workouts over the weekend.

Saturday we had a run/swim at Foothill High School in Pleasanton followed by our honoree potluck. Air quality was still a bit icky so Coach Adam told us to take it easy which it seemed like everyone really did because on my second lap even the fast guys were running at my pace. I walked the first lap with Ms. Amy and felt pretty good so after stopping at the water stop I decided to go for another lap and actually ran it. I felt great and if I had time I may have been able to do a third lap but it was time to get in the pool so no go. I forgot to download my Garmin info so I'm not sure how much I did in mileage and time. I do know it was slow but at least I did it and felt good. I really need to push myself more on the running so that'll be my goal for this week.

After the run we had another injury prevention clinic and then into the pool for our swim workout. I felt great and I was even video taped by R2 so that Coach Paul can watch it and critique it. I'm actually looking forward to it because although no one has really said anything to me yet, I'm sure my form is off. I'm curious to see what Coach Paul has to say.

Warm Up - 15 minutes
25 drill (balanced body position)
25 swim
25 drill (side balanced body position - right side)
25 swim
25 drill (side balanced body position - left side)
25 swim
25 drill (balanced body position - roll)
25 swim

repeated above twice

Main Set - Completed 1200 yards
30 minute continuous swim

Cool Down
100 yards

Completed 1500 yards total :o)

Showered up afterwards and then headed to the honoree picnic for a nice lunch and to hear lots of inspirational stories. After the potluck I headed home and passed out for a nice nap and then went to dinner with my hubby and ran a few errands. It was a pretty mellow evening.

Sunday we had a bike ride starting at the San Ramon Valley High School. Olympic team was to do 70 minutes. I was short on the time though because on the way back it was all downhill and I think we got back 10 minutes faster. Oh well. I felt pretty good and got about 12 miles in. I need to double that though, must get out on the bike more often and work a little harder on that as well.

Went home and cleaned our house, did laundry and relaxed some more. Hubby made a yummy bbq and we just lounged around the rest of the evening. It was much needed and very nice to not have to be anywhere.

This week we still have workouts on the schedule but I'm sure it's going to be a light week because of the holiday weekend and my birthday :o) woohooo!

Tuesday - Swim
Wednesday - On your own bike ride (my mentor is having a social for our group so I'll be going to that instead of riding)
Thursday - Swim
Friday - Run (will try to run in the morning before the 4th of July festivities and since I'm sure I won't be running on Sunday after the birthday festivities on Saturday)
Saturday - Coached Swim/Bike and it's MY BIRTHDAY :O)
Sunday - SLEEP IN :o) taking the day off

No comments: