Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 10, 2008

Post #2 - Mommy Update

So the weekend with my mom turned out to be very nice and fun although we stuffed our selves like piggies and I'm thanking my lucky stars that I didn't gain any weight....PHEW!!!

Thursday
That was the night we had the pasta and I had the icky squid ink pasta :o( blech!

Friday
We headed out to Walnut Creek for the day and although I didn't ride my bike like I was suppose to on the training schedule we did walk around for 3 hours, does that count? We started our day with manicure and pedicures :o) it was my treat for my mom's birthday and she LOVED it. She was so comfortable and enjoying it so much that she almost fell asleep in the chair.

By the time we were done it was lunch time so we had a slice of pizza, yummy! Then it was off to do some shopping. We heart shopping. I had to make a stop at Kaiser so we walked over to it and then headed back for more shopping. After a few hours we were pooped so we headed back to the car and headed home. We made a quick stop at the grocery store for a few dinner items and then finally made it home. We rested until the hubby got home and then he cooked us a nice yummy bbq and ate again :o) Hung out for a little bit and then hit the sack.

Saturday
Rocky and I left the house pretty early for training :o( mom stayed home and slept, lucky girl. Rocky was off to Berkeley and me to Pleasant Hill. I got my swim workout done and then headed back home to get mom. We took the doggies to Pt. Isabel and picked up Rocky on the way. It was a nice day although a little hot for the doggies but we still got a nice walk in and got the doggies bathed. After the doggie park it was back home for uhhh, lunch :o) had some leftovers and then we all took some much needed naps.

In the evening we were meeting Rocky's parents for dinner so they could see my mom and to celebrate her bday. We were originally going to go to Sausalito but then plans changed a little and we went to Il Pescatore at Jack London Square, OMG it was super yummy. I had the best seafood risotto ever :o) I had the waiters put a candle in our dessert and when they brought it out our waiter and two other waiters sung happy birthday to my mom :o)



Walked off a bit of the dinner & dessert over at Barnes and Noble and then headed home, hung out for a little bit and then hit the sack again.

Notice the patter? Eat, Walk, Sleep, Eat, Walk, Sleep :o) Hey no training but I sure got some walking in. I'm sure my mom is still in a food coma and still tired of all the walking.

Sunday
Rocky had Kali in the morning so my mom and I hung out at home. I cleaned our house and she napped. We headed out of the house close to noon and picked up Rocky and then headed to Berkeley to El Plantano, very yummy Salvadorean food. If you like Salvadorean food or would like to try it this is a great restaurant.
Sunday was actually my mom's birthday so we thought it'd be nice to take her to Salvadorean. We attempted to eat a light meal since later in the evening Rocky's parents were coming over for dinner, umm that didn't go so well and we left there stuffed but once again it was such good food :o)
Rocky had the platanos w/beans and sour cream

and a tamale ( a salvadorean tamale is a bit different than a mexican tamale, it's cooked in banana leaves and the masa is a little different. It is stuffed with chicken potato and olives)

and my mom and I had a cheese pupusa and yucca frita con chicharron

guess what was next? back home for a nap and then dinner. Actually first I made, at the request of my hubby, a Hawaiian Macaroni Salad because we were having Maui ribs. It was super simple and actually turned our pretty good. I made the salad then took a nap.

Rocky's parents came over for dinner and we had a great time just hanging out chatting about knitting, watching the basketball game and of course eating. Rocky's parents brought a very yummy custard blueberry pie so we stuck a candle in it and sung Happy Birthday to my mom again.

Monday
Rocky went to work and we did nothing. We were both pooped so after breakfast and after lunch we took naps until it was time to take her to the airport.

:o( mom is back home now :o(
We missed having my dad here and hopefully he is feeling a lot better. It was nice to have my mom visit since she doesn't get to do it often and we haven't really seen each other since last July :o( I did hang out with them in Solvang but that was a quick trip. Hopefully we'll see my both again very soon.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun. I love visiting with my mommy too!
Yawn, I need a nap now. ;-)

runnergrl123 said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with your mom. Boy all that Salvadorian food looks delicious. Now I'm hungry. I'm going to have to try that place sometime.