Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 05, 2008

Clark Kerr, Where is That?

We returned from San Diego on Monday evening and we were pretty pooped so I did nothing all afternoon but lay in bed with the doggies. The doggies had a rough weekend so they were super happy to have us home and were attached to our hips. No joke I just layed in bed for a very long time and only got up to unpack from our trip and pack my swim gear for Tuesday. Training started right away last Sunday after Kick Off, tri team isn't messing around.

Tuesday
Met Amy and Phil at the pool in San Ramon. I'm thinking this will be our usual routine on the day's we swim on our own. Amy and I might hit Shadow Cliffs though on the second day to get some more open water swims in before the Tri for Fun but for the most part I think we'll be at the pool since the schedule calls for doing quite a few swim drills.

25 yds at Level 2 exertion (very easy)
25 yds Balanced Body PositionRest 15 seconds x 4
100 yds stroke count for each 25 yds ( counted about 23 strokes for each 25 meters)

Main Set - 25 minutes at level 2-3 exertion (easy) - we did 1000 meters which is 40 laps :o)

We did our entire workout in about 45 minutes and we finished with 1400 meters

I'm sure I still have to work on my form but I'm feeling a lot better about being in the pool. Getting started is always rough just like running but once I get going I feel great and feel like I can just keep on swimming. I'm pretty happy about that.

Wednesday
Our Wednesday night workouts for the next few weeks will be at Clark Kerr in Berkeley so last night I headed up there for our training.

Warm Up - 10 minute run around the track

Main Set
1 lap around track (0.25 mile) LVL 3 (easy)

Station #1
10 Squats
5 right side planks (hold 5 seconds each) & 5 left side planks (hold 5 seconds each)
1 lap around rack LVL 3

Station #2
10 leg lifts
10 push ups
1 lap around track LVL 3

Station #35 arm/leg extensions (hold 5 seconds each)
5 lunges (front, right, left)
1 lap around track LVL 3

Station #4
10 crunches
10 supermansl lap around the track LVL 3
1 lap around track LVL 3

We had to keep doing these until Coach Paul told us to stop. I managed to get through one repeat of this and on the second time around I only got to Station #3 and the Coach Paul told us to cool down.

Cool Down - 15 minutes


I didn't keep track of how many times I went around the track during the warm up or cool down so I'm not sure in mileage what I did but I did keep track of time on my watch and I ran for a total of 46 minutes. Not too bad.

Am I sore today? You betcha :o( but it's a good sore and I'm happy about training again. I'm sure it's gonna take my body some getting used to and I'll be tired and sore for the first few weeks but I hope to adjust. I was pleased with my workout last night considering I really have been a couch potatoe since I fell last year. Yes, I did New York but that was 7 hours of torture.

Oh and we had a little company up in the hills of Berkeley.


I have training everyday but for the rest of this week I"ll have to play it by ear because my mommy is flying in tonight.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Great job! We'll get back to tip-top shape in no time!