Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 10, 2008

Week 1 Down 14 to Go

I tried to do the calculation earlier and it looks like in total we have 15 weeks of training and I'm scared. I hope make it and not collapse. My confidence was deflated a bit on Saturday. As like Phil and Amy I was also pretty exhausted after week 1 and I didn't even do the full week of training because I was in SD and then my mommy was visiting...YIKES! I'm scared of how I'll feel by Sunday after following this weeks schedule and actually doing the full weeks workout.

Saturday I headed out to the pool at College Park for a swim and injury clinic. I decided not to go on the bike ride so my mom wouldn't have to sit around and wait to long for me. I've decided that I want to train with the Half Ironman team so I can push myself more. I'm pretty good with endurance in the pool but OMG Saturday killed me. I have no idea how many meters we did but I do know that we were suppose to do our main set 3 times and I only got it done once and then all of a sudden Coach Mike said to cool down and get out of the pool for the clinic and then the bike ride. HUH? I'm not done yet though :o( So either I suck and I'm super duper slow or we aren't getting enough time in the pool to do our workout because we have to go ride or run. I dunno but I felt poopy and was kind of disappointed. Phil, Amy and I do great in the pool on our own and get the workout done, we are tired but we get it done so I'm not sure what the deal is on Saturday. I'm gonna blame it on the team and say we aren't getting enough time....HAA, HAA!!!

This weeks schedule

Tuesday - Swim
Wednesday - Track (Run/Strength)
Thursday - Swim (Amy & I are going to Shadow Cliffs)
Friday - Bike
Saturday - Swim/Run
Sunday - Bike

I'll write about my weekend with mom tomorrow since I left the pictures at home :o(

No comments: