Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 16, 2008

Week 2 - Complete

Week 2 went well for me, my body is still trying to get used to this new schedule of working out 5-6 days a week so I'm still quite tired but I think it went much better then it did last week. I got in 5 days this week because I decided to take the optional day off on Friday, I'm so glad I did.

If you've read Amy's blog already then you know that Amy, Phil and I all have a yucky rash from Shadow Cliffs :o( the thought of ever swimming in that water again makes me sick, oh wait, I have to swim there this Saturday for the Tri 4 Fun...YUCK! NASTY NASTY WATER! I sure hope we don't end up swimming there with our team. I thought it might be swimmers itch but it doesn't look the same so who knows what weird thing we have. I thought they were flea bites at first because I only have a few bumps here and there. I think in total I have about 10-15 bites. I realized very quickly it was not fleas when both Amy and Phil said they had it also :o(

Saturday morning I was up early to meet the team in Pleasanton. It was a swim/run day for us and at 8 am it was already pretty toasty. At some point on Friday an email went out that we were running first because the pool didn't open until 9am, never got the email and neither did half the team...urrggghhh. I had to change from my swimming suit to my running close behind my car in the parking lot because the bathrooms weren't open either and the only thing there was a port-a-potty...yuck!

We started off our morning by hearing about Mr. Gruen who passed away last Friday. Deb even came out to the workout to hang out with the team. We then had a short run clinic and then we did our run.

The Olympic team had to do 45 minutes. We went in a loop around Foothill High School and depending on where you started in the parking lot the mileage was a bit different. I did a total of 2 laps around, 3.29 miles in 39:25. Not a very fast pace and I was sweating like a piggy. I felt good the first lap and I think part of it was that I was chatting and then really struggled and slowed down on the second lap. I think all those months on not doing anything really messed me up and I've lost all my conditioning. I feel like I'm starting back at square one with my running :o( I know it'll get better I just need to work on it.

After the run we had to change and get ready for our swim workout which we were all looking forward to because it was so darn hot. We had another short clinic and then into the pool. The HOT pool :o( they must have not turned down the heater in there cause it felt pretty warm so no cooling off. I once again jumped in the lane with the half ironman team and did the workout, the whole workout, YIPEE! I felt great and the Coach said I had good form and I looked like I was just gliding through the water. I was happy to hear that. The full workout was 1800 yards :o) (that's me in the box)


The best part of the workout was lunch. A large group of us went over to Zachary's in San Ramon and had some very yummy pizza and salads. It was great way to refuel and hey some of the coach's were there so if they eat pizza I eat pizza :o)

The rest of Saturday was a bit chaotic and by the time I went to bed it was 11pm and I was one tired, grumpy girl :o(

After pizza I had to make a quick stop at Target for a gift for our niece and then Performance Bicycle for some spare tubes or the ride on Sunday. Then it was home to shower and head back out. Hubby packed up the car with our chairs, blankies and doggies and then we headed to Millbrae for our niece's bday bbq at the park. You never know what the weather is going to be like out there but it turned out to be a really nice day. We hung out til about 6 ish and then it was off to Rocky's parents house to help them move some things around, they are having their house painted and floor refinished. We finally made it home around 10pm. I had to pack and get all my stuff ready before going to bed.

Sunday morning I was up early once again to head to Walnut Creek and meet the team for a bike ride. At first I thought I'd go with the half ironman team but who the heck am I kidding, I can't keep up with them and hello, this was my first time on my bike since I bought it back in November. I decided to just stick with my group which was a good idea. The ride was flat and our group was to do a total of 60 minutes. I struggled a little bit but I got 13.75 miles done in an hour and 1:04. I actually think it was just a tad more because this is the info from my Garmin which I actually forgot to turn on til we had already gotten going. I forgot to check what my bike computer said which was on since we left the parking lot where we met. It's not a huge difference though and I was pretty happy with my ride and time considering I haven't ridden at all.

After the ride I went by Forward Motion to deposit some money, haa, haa. I had to get another sports bra for biking cause one isn't enough, need two to be able to rotate them so they don't fall apart too fast. Then if was off to Safeway to buy stuff to make lunch. I'm trying to be healthy so instead of going out for lunch we had some yummy turkey panini sandwiches at home. I went to bed and although I wasn't able to nap at least I rested for a few hours before leaving the house again. We met up with Rocky's family in Burlingame for a casual Father's Day dinner at a Mexican Restaurant. It was very yummy! We hung out for a little while and then went home. I packed up my swimming bag for Tuesday because I'm not going to be home til late tonight. Lights out around 10pm.

This week:

Monday - REST
Tuesday - Swim
Wednesday - Track Workout
Thursday - Swim
Friday - Run
Saturday - Swim/Bike
Sunday - Run

So laundry has been piling up like crazy now that we are both training. For some reason Rocky and I always seem to have lots of clothes to wash on the weekends but now it's worse.

This is a picture of what we both used last week, it's hanging in our bathroom because we can't dry any of it in the dryer (I'll have to post the picture later it's not updating properly)

here is a list of just my stuff though from last week

3 swimsuits
3 towels
3 outfits (top & bottom) to change into after swimming

2 running shorts
2 running tops
1 sports bra
2 regular tops to wear over running top or sports bra
2 pairs of socks
2 dri-fit undies
1 visor ( had to wash it too cause it was icky after 2 days of running in it)

1 pair of bike capris
1 sports bra
1 bike jersey
1 pair of socks
1 pair of dri-fit undies

No comments: