Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 13, 2008

In a Better Place

That was the subject of an email quite a few of us received early this morning :o( At 2am Mr. Henry Gruen lost his battle with Leukemia.



Mr. Gruen is our friend Deb's father and our team honoree. I've known Deb for a few years now, she's been on the triathlon team for a long time. When I went to the first workout she had mentioned she had just returned from Florida from visiting her father who had gotten sick recently. He had been doing well after a transplant but had become ill again. At track on Thursday she said that they were just playing the waiting game now. He's been in a lot of pain and sleeping most of the days. Today he went on to a better place to be cancer free and watch over his wife and daughter. Keep them in your thoughts today as they go through this difficult time.

Last night Phil, Amy and I met at Shadow Cliffs for our Thursday night swim and it went well. It was 90 degrees out but for some weird reason the water was still pretty chilly, not what we expected but we jumped in and did almost an hour of swimming.

16 laps (140 yards each) = 2240 yards (1.27 miles) WOOHOOO!

It has been a mystery for a long time on how long the swim lane at Shadow Cliff's is, I'm not sure why and I"m not sure why none of us have ever thought to do the simple thing, ask the man that works there. Haa, haa. Last night we did and he confirmed that it was 140 yards.

I was beyond exhausted when I was done but I was proud of us for getting it done. GOOD JOB AMY & PHIL.

Today is a bike day or optional day off if we feel we need the rest. I feel I need the rest so that's what I plan to do. Tomorrow is a swim/run day and Sunday a bike day.

No comments: