Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 12, 2008

A Little Inspiration

Yesterday Amy and I were emailing back and forth about doing the Tri 4 Fun next week. I think I gave her a small heart attack when I said NEXT WEEK, I think she thought we had two more weeks til Tri 4 Fun. Nope it's in 10 Days! Then we whined a little about how tired we were from Tuesday's swim, blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine. After a few emails I told her OKAY NO MORE WHINING :o) We WILL do this, We CAN do this and We MUST do this. We must do this for our friend Raji, who would much rather be out training with us but instead has to be in treatment for ovarian cancer :o( urrrgghhhh. We are perfectly healthy and able to do this triathlon and our friend Raji can't cause she has to get icky chemo and eventually have surgery. So NO MORE WHINING! or at least not as much whining :o) hee, hee!

Last night we had track at Clark Kerr again and there we also got to hear another inspirational story. Our teammate, Keiron, will be doing his first triathlon and with only one hand. Keiron lost his hand in a paragliding accident in Colombia back in 2006.

Last night's track was more running and more drills. I was tired after the workout but I feel like it went much better this week.

Warm Up
15 minutes - 5 laps 1.25 miles

Main Workout
1 lap around track - .25 miles

Station #1
1 lap around track - .25 miles



Station #2
1 lap around track - .25 miles


Station #3
1 lap around track - .25 miles


Station #4
1 lap around track - .25 miles



Repeat Workout

Station #1
1 lap around track - .25 miles

Station #2
1 lap around track - .25 miles

Station #3
1 lap around track - .25 miles

I didn't get to Station #4 a second time because Coach Paul told us to do our cool down but I'm hoping next week I'll get it all done twice :o) I was able to do on extra station this week that I didn't do last week.

10 minute cool down - 2 laps (I walked :o) ) - .50 miles

Total miles - 3.75

No comments: