Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 25, 2008

Smokey the Bear

Smokey the Bear has been hard at work along with a gagillion fire fighters trying to put out the 800+ fires in the area. Those fires though have made for some very icky skies and very icky air quality. Not good! News man keeps saying to be careful if you are outside, umm, I'm suppose to be outside every evening doing some sort of workout :O( breathing in this yuck stuff has not been fun.

Last night was Tuesday night swim with Phil and Amy but since the pool doesn't open til 7pm I've decided that I'll do a 3 mile walk on Tuesdays and Thursdays to kill some time. We aren't suppose to be adding any "extra" workouts to our schedule since it's already pretty intense but I figure if I walk and not run it shouldn't hurt me especially on a swim day. Anyway, I had mentioned to Olivia that I was going on a walk and she offered to join me. She drove up and met me at my office and we headed right out the door from here down Camino Tassajara. Mr. Garmin says we got in a 3.35 mile walk. YAY US! The air was icky but not as icky as it had been so it wasn't too bad. We had a little bit of shade and a breeze :o) We finished right around 6:30 and then I headed to the pool. THANKS for joining me Ms. Olivia.

Our schedule had us doing from Level 3-6 and all went well except for the fact that my form went out the door once I was doing Level 5 and 6. What's funny is that on race day we are suppose to be swimming at a Level 6 or 7, haa, haa. That's pretty funny. I probably wouldn't make it very far if I had to do 0.9 miles at a Level 7. I was tired but felt pretty good after the swim.

Warm Up:
300 LVL2
200 kick
4 x 50 (25 stroke count, 25 side balanced body position) 15" RI

Main Set:
6 x 150 LVL 3-6 (descending) 20" RI
1 minute rest
4 x 100 LVL 3-6 (descending) 15" RI
1 minute rest
4 x 50 LVL 3-6 (descending) 10" RI

Cool Down:100 LVL 1

Total distance = 2300 yards (1.31 miles)

Tonight I'm headed to our last track workout at Clark Kerr but we'll have to see what Coach Paul ends up having us do. He made a note in his email last night that he was going to keep track of the weather and amount of ick in the air and if it's really bad he may change the workout. I noticed that today is much worse then it was yesterday. I usually open up the window in our bedroom at home during the day but today I could smell the smoke pretty bad so I closed it back up. Hopefully it gets better by the end of the day.

***************************************************

Fundraising is moving along :O) I still have quite a bit to go until my minimum is met but I wanted to say THANK YOU.......Rich, Carol, Tom, R2, KJ, Aaron, Brian, Bree, Glenn, Phil, Karen B., Mark, Karen Barnes, Leslie, Jeanette, Lindsay, Charlie, Melissa, Bryan & Jen, Ray & Joanne, Sarah, Deb, Lillian, Kathy. I really appreciate your continued support.

If you are interested in donating you can do so below and remember that every penny counts so even if you can only donate a little it all helps :o)

No comments: