Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 31, 2008

Quiet Monday

Nothing much going on, I've spent the last 4 days holed up in the house in my jammies with a box of kleenex :o( Feeling better although I still have a bit of conjestion in my head :o( I did manage to leave the house yesterday though and had a nice dinner with Rocky and Olivia at the Thirsty Bear, yumm! Then it was back home and back into my jammies.

This week I'm just going to continue to lay low until I'm totally over this cold. We've got 4 weeks til we leave on vacation so no time for any more germy bugs in my body, go away, there is no room for you here!

Saturday brought us some very sad news. A close friend of ours has been diagnosed with cancer. Doctors aren't sure where it has originated (it's in her belly area) but a biopsy has been done and a confirmation has been made that it is cancer. She is the picture of health and I still can't believe it. I was able to speak with her yesterday and although she is still in shock about all this she is trying to stay positive and strong because she knows she just needs to get through this, her treatment and get better. She can't let this darn beast get her. She will start chemo this Wednesday and will go through it for a few weeks. She wasn't sure how long it would go on for. She said they want to get the mass in her belly down and then probably do surgery, right now it's too big. I won't say here who she is until I ask her if it's okay but please keep our friend in your thoughts as she goes through this icky journey that no one every wants to have to go through.

No comments: