Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 17, 2008

No Doggies Allowed

Weekend was great although what happened to the weather? Geesh, no rain but it was super windy and cold yesterday :o(

Friday night I went over to our friend Julie's house for a nice dinner with TNT friends that we don't see often. Hubby had to study so he stayed home. We had a great time and it was nice seeing everyone.

Saturday we slept in and then headed to Dublin to meet Olivia at the Dublin St. Patty's Day Festival and brought the doggies. Bad Idea. Rocky and I have always followed the darn rules on no doggies at the festival. We then arrive at these darm festivals and EVERYONE has their dogs out there and it's never a problem. I've actually been to this festival before and I remember that in years past they even had dogs in the parade. Anywho, I guess the rules have really changed because we got out there, walk around the food area and got ourselves some food while we waited for Olivia to arrive and then all of a sudden we were told that we needed to leave because NO DOGS were allowed :o( I got snippy with the girl because there were quite a few people with dogs out there and they informed me that they were on their way to find them all and tell them to leave....HOW RUDE! So we didn't get to see any part of the festival, we just ate and hung around with Olivia for a while before she had to go, she was volunteering at the TNT booth. We are boycotting this festival :o( especially because when I saw Olivia yesterday she said that PETCO was out there and some other dog or cat I can't remember people had a booth out there. I had also heard that the Pyrenees rescue peeps would be there. Uh, how are they not a health code issue?

This is an upset doggie who does not want to wear her pretty dress to the festival, she went back to bed and then hid under the covers


this is a tired doggie after the festival, he barked himself into tiredness cause we didn't even walk around

Yesterday was a busy day with lots of errands to run. I was meeting Amy at 11:30 to get manicures and pedicures. Yes, I got a pedicure but my lady was super gentle with my toe so it went well. By the time we were done it was lunch time so we went over to Stanford's, I had a yummy pizza. I know, I know, not on the diet menu, oh well. My toe is broken I can have pizza :o) haa, haa. Then I had to go by Trader Joe's, Target and Safeway and apparently so did everyone else in Contra Costa County :o( It was PACKED at all 3 stores. Must be a Sunday thing, everyone is out running their errands. Eventually I made it back home and put everything away and cleaned up a little. My hubby had done some of it already...THANKS HUBBY and so really all I had to do was get a few things chopped up and ready for dinner. Lael and Olivia were coming over for din din. We made some yummy tacos with spanish rice and then had a hummy lemon cake with vanilla ice cream that Lael had brought over. Again, my toe is broken and I can eat if I want to :o) Wonder how long I can use that excuse for? We had a nice dinner and mellow evening at home with them. Sort of mellow, there is those two doggies that live with us that think that everytime we have company they are there to see them and people must pet them and hold them the entire time, hmmm wonder how they got so spoiled? It's even worse when Olivia is there, Patch thinks he is the king of her lap. Funny little guy.

I'm going to try to swim tonight and see how it goes. Doctor had said I could try swimming this week so our plan is to swim tonight and Thursday. I may just have to refrain from doing any kicking. We'll see how it goes.

My toe is actually feeling much better and looking much better. It does get pretty achy towards the end of the day but it's from all the walking around. It's still a little swollen but not like last week and the bruising is finally going away. Rocky just bought me some new Ed Hardy sneakers which I love and luckily I can wear them without much discomfort. They are a little wide in the front and don't have shoelaces so they aren't tight. It's too cold for flip flops so I've been wearing those and they seem to be fine so far.

they should give these out at Kaiser :o)

No comments: