Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 13, 2008

Bubble Wrap

remember these?


Well, I decided that those weren't cool enough and that I needed something cooler so I returned to Kaiser yesterday and got myself one of these


I am now the proud owner of this not so pretty blue shoe. I decided yesterday morning on my way to the bathroom to get ready for work that it would be fun to slam my foot into the wall and break a toe :o( YEP, I have broken my little toe on my right foot, and YEP that would be the same foot as my bad ankle :o( and all they can do for a broken toe is this


tape your toe to the toe next to it and put you in a blue shoe :o( I was going to post a picture of my purple toe but no need for that. It's black, blue, purple and the size of my big toe and let me just tell you that it HURTS :o(

I slammed my foot into the wall about 7am and it hurt pretty darn bad but I still got ready for work and headed in. I had boots and socks on and around 10am I couldn't handle the pain anymore so I took the boot and sock off and OMG my toe was ugly. I asked my co-worker what he thought and he agreed that it was scary looking and it was probably broken. So off to Kaiser in Walnut Creek I went and saw a very nice doctor who agreed that it was ugly and broken. Mrs. Jeanettie Poo works across the street so she came over and kept me company...THANK YOU JEANETTE....and she happen to know the doctor seeing me so it was a fun visit. Doc saw me and had the nurse come wrap my toesies up, put my blue shoe on and then I had to pick up my pain pills, 3 or so hours later I was out of there. No swimming :o( no running or cycling :o( and I have to wear the darn shoe for a few days or a very very sturdy flip flop. I'll have to play it by ear each day and see how it feels and I can determine when I'm ready to wear regular shoes again. He said I can swim next week if it doesn't bother me.

So we have decided that I really need to invest in major amounts of bubble wrap because apparently now that I'm in my 30's I can no longer run or even walk without injuring myself :o(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your toe. :o( I've done that countless number of times and (knock on wood) I've never had a broken toe. I hope you feel better and that you're not in too much pain.

Jeanette said...

I'm so glad I was able to hang out with you. I love Dr. Dan. He's the best!
BTW, I've broken all of my toes several times except my big toes. I'm also a klutz! :-)