Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 18, 2008

FAQ's of the week

How did you break your toe?

Slammed into the crown molding on the wall by our bathroom

Was it dark?

Nope :o( Lights were on.

How bad is it broken?

Nurse at Kaiser: Is your toe hanging off the side of your foot

Me: eewww, eeeww, NO!!!!! It's just the size of my big toe and bruised. If it was hanging off the side of my foot I would not be calmly speaking to you I would be having a major freak out session and probably would have passed out by now. I've never broken anything

So I guess my break is not the worst that it could have been...phew!

How is it fixed?

Buddy Tape :o) You tape your toe to the next closest toe, oh and a piece of gauze goes in between them. That's it. I'll be doing that for a few weeks. Doc said it'd be about 3 weeks.

You are wearing a shoe already?

Yes, the doctor said I could play it by ear as to when I felt okay to wear a shoe. It is achy but it doesn't feel too bad. It's much safer than wearing a flip flop. Some lady stepped on my foot the other day and I was thanking my lucky stars that I had the sneaker on and not my flops :o( it hurt.

I probably won't be wearing any heels though for a few more weeks.

You can swim already?

Same answer. Doc said I could try to swim this week and see how it felt. I told myself before even going to the pool that I wouldn't over do it if it hurt. It actually felt fine and when the tape came off I stopped doing any kick drills. I just did a few laps with just regular swimming ( I don't kick when I swim). I still managed to get in a good work out and finish the evening with 1250 meters...YAY ME!

When will you be able to run or bike?

Not sure yet. I am suppose to go on a bike ride on March 30th so I think I'll take my bike for a spin in our parking lot the day before and see how it feels. As for running, same. I'll have to try that in about 2 weeks.

Did you buy bubble wrap yet?

No :o( but I should.

No comments: