Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 21, 2008

Not such a great swimmer :o(

I guess my little brain decided to ignore how much swimming I actually had to do and did back in 2006 when I did Wildflower because yesterday when I looked at our swim schedule I realized were were way behind :o( I'm thinking that since Amy and I hadn't swam in quite a long time we must have decided to start with using the Spring Distrance workout schedule and not the Olympic Distance. We've been doing great and are up to the full amount sets we are suppose to do....NOT. We would be doing great if we were doing the Sprint Distance, which we aren't.

We've been doing 150 meters for our warm up, we should be doing 400. If we do the 4 main sets we end up with 1200 meters of that and I guess we are suppose to be doing 1800 - 2400 meters (6-8 sets) not 900-1200 (3-4 sets). For our cool down we've been doing 50 and should be doing 100-200...YIKES. Then I noticed that since Phil is training for a Half Ironman that he should be doing the main set 8-10 times....WOW. So Amy and I were a bit bummed last night to find out we have much more swimming to do and are actually a bit behind. It takes us about an hour to get through our workout right now which means if we have to double it we'd be out of the pool around 8:30 and by the time we shower and I drive home it'd be like 9:30/10pm. I'm thinking that that's what I had to do before but I lived closer to the pool so maybe it didn't seem like I got home so late. I dunno. We will regroup next week and try to go with the actual schedule we have to do and see how it goes. We still have all of April and May to work on it.

Let's see not much else going on. We don't have big plans for the weekend. Rocky's going on a bike ride tomorrow and I'm running errands and doing things like getting my oil changed. Fun stuff. Sunday we'll hav Easter at my in-laws house.

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!


No comments: