Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 25, 2008

Poopy Cancer

Yet again another life was lost to this icky cancer. Last week our friend Sarah lost her father, he had battled lymphoma for 13 years. Last night a few of us went to his memorial service in Oakland to support Sarah. It was a very very nice memorial service and although I never got a chance to meet her father it sounds like he was an amazing man and loved to have fun. Our thoughts are with Sarah and her family :o(

The weekend turned out to be beutiful so on Saturday I tried to spend some time outside. I had an appointment for my car to get serviced at 11am in Walnut Creek so instead of waiting for it to be done I walked around Walnut Creek and enjoyed the sunshine. My car was done fairly quickly so I picked it up, parked at one of the W.C. parking lots and walked around some more. My hubby was out on a bike ride pretty much all day so I hung out alone :o( my other partners in crime weren't around either. In the evening we had a nice dinner at a mexican restaurant in Montclair and then went home to watch a movie. I am not a creepy movie watcher and OMG is I am Legend creepy :o( I didn't like it but did manage to sit through most of it. By the time I decided that I couldn't take any more of the creepyness it was almost over. Luckily I had no wierd creepy dreams.

Sunday we spent Easter with Rocky's family in Daly City. There was lots of yummy food as usual and I had fun catching up with everyone. We have all been so busy that we really haven't seen each other in the last few weeks.

My toe is healing I guess. I assume that's what it's doing inside while it's all taped up. I did try to wear cute shoes on Sunday for Easter and my little toe was not happy with me so back to the sneakers and flip flops I went.

Um and let me just tell you that sneakers at a memorial service in an Episcopal Church, no so good! I felt out of place and like people were looking at me funny. I'm sure they weren't and I was just being paranoid but everyone was dressed nice and here I waltzed in in my Ed Hardy sneakers :o) oops.

Tonight is a swimming night and it looks like we are scheduled to do about 1400 meters. I'm hoping the sun sneaks out today at some point cause last week it was a wee bit chilly at the pool.

The countdown has begun

No comments: