Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 03, 2008

Meet Emma




Striking a pose at lunch :o)

Emma Roo is our friend Brandy's daughter, many of you have met Emma in person of have seen her on my blog before. Emma is 3 and super duper cute and now chats quite a bit.

If you don't read Brandy's blog here is the email that we got on Friday, we already knew about what was going on but Friday she sent her friends this email and posted on her site.

After two weeks of going back and forth to the Drs and hospital, Andrew has been admitted to the hospital as I type. What we thought was a sprained ankle has proven to be a possible bone infection in his left leg. Although Drs are feeling a bit optimistic, they haven’t been able to rule out Cancer and have warned us that more tests will be needed. His pediatrician called 5 different Drs. and they clearly stated a concern for his leg with an infection. Infectious disease is also going to meet Andrew upon arrival since they are concerned. As of today we have been told he will be in the hospital for 2 weeks. As you probably imagine, I am not feeling well about this and are concerned. Hospital life is not something I can even think about.. but its happening.

I couldn't believe that another one of her kids was sick and now being admitted to the hospital. Brandy and Keith (Emma's father) have been through hell with losing Cole and now here they were about to go live in a hospital again :o( it was very sad to read this email.

So of course us girls went into, what can we do mode, and started checking with them to see what we could do. I knew that my weekend was going to be pretty mellow so I offered to babysit. Uhhh, yeah, babysit 3 year old Emma :o)

Rocky had gone to a concert with the boys. I'm not into heavy metal so I had decided a while ago that I wasn't going to go so instead I went to Walnut Creek and had dinner with Olivia. We had dinner at a yummy Vietnamese Restaurant and afterwards headed over to the hospital. Andrew was admitted to Kaiser in Walnut Creek so they are really close this time. We picked up some food for Brandy and Keith first and then went over.

I asked what the plan was and Brandy said that Keith was going to spend the night with Andrew and she would go back home. Brandy has started taking some nursing classes on Saturday's and if she took Emma home she wouldn't of been able to go so this is when I told her that if she thought Emma would go with me I'd take her. We stayed for a quite a while visiting but it was getting late so Brandy asked Emma what she thought about going home to have a party with me and Emma was all up for it especially since I had doggies at home :o) We packed up Emma and headed out, switched the car seat into my car got her all hooked in and off we went.

Emma talked to me for a bit and then fell asleep and when we got home she was still asleep. I managed to get her out and carry her up the stairs in my heels. Yeah, I'm still sore from that. Of course the doggies got all crazy and Emma woke up and wanted to play. Daisy was not sure at all about her and although she wouldn't hurt Emma she did growl at her for a good 10-15 minutes. It was funny. Eventually Daisy ended up under the bed. She was not a happy camper. I took a fluffy duvet and folded it up, put a little pillow down and made a little fort for Emma to sleep in. I bundled her up like a burrito, gave her a stuffed animal and told her it was time to go to sleep. She was asleep within minutes. I was worried that she would wake up and want to go home at like 2am but she slept like a log and never woke up. Instead Daisy did not sleep, she sat and stared at Emma the entire night :o( not good for me cause I didn't sleep either.

At 7:00 am on the dot Emma woke up and declared it was light out so it as time to get up. YIKES! I grabbed her some cheerios and a blankie and we sat on the couch and watched cartoon, while I tried not to fall asleep. Cartoons don't really keep her entertained for long so she went back and forth playing with the doggies, eating her cheerios and watching cartoons. After a while Rocky got up and asked if we wanted eggs but neither one of us did. He walked the doggies and got himself ready to go, he was heading up to Santa Rosa to finish recording the bands CD. Not long after he left Emma wanted eggs so she went in the fridge and pulled the eggs out and put them on the counter for me to cook. Then she saw the yogurt and decided she didn't want eggs she wanted yogurt. She sat at the table and ate the whole thing and when she was done she decided once again that she wanted eggs, so we made her eggs and she ate those too. She has quite an appetite. By this time I figured we should start getting ready and head out of the house. Our house is pretty boring for kids so I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep her entertained for long. I gave her a bath, did her hair, got her dressed and then gave her some juice and sat her on the couch with the doggies. I took a super quick shower because I was worried about her being alone but she did really well and just sat on the couch drinking her juice. I got myself ready while trying to entertain her and the dogs, that was interesting.

Are you tired yet? I sure was and it was only 10am :o)

We packed up and headed out. Our first stop was Old Navy to get her something new to wear. Uhhh bad thing, don't leave me with a 3 year old little girl cause there are way too many cute things to buy out there. I could have shopped for her all day but I didn't :o) I got her a little dress and some shoes and off we went. We were in San Leandro and then were going to Walnut Creek and within a few minutes of starting our drive Emma had fallen asleep. I guess she was tired too :o)

When we go to Walnut Creek it was lunch time so I asked Emma if she was hungry.

Me: Emma are you hungry

Emma: Yes, I'm hungry

Me: Emma you want pizza

Emma: Emma have pizza?

Me: Yes, Emma you can have pizza

Emma: Emma have pizza?

Emma speaks in the third person, she is too cute.

We went to Chili's and Emma had pizza and Claudia had a salad. Emma also had Cinnamon Apples and chocolate milk. This littler girl is tiny I'm not sure where she fits all the food. She did have some leftovers so we took them to Andrew because Emma informed me that Andrew was hungry too. I noticed throughout the day that she never forgot him and if I did something for her she informed me that when we saw Andrew we'd have to do it for him :o) a very caring little sister.

The pictures above are from us having lunch, she was posing for me as I was taking pictures. The dress is the dress we got her at Old Navy and I did her hair which Brandy said she never lets her do. I think it was mainly cause she was intrigued with all the stuff I kept putting in my hair so she let me put gel in her hair and put it in a pony tail. I told her she looked pretty and she responded with....

Me: Oh Emma you look so pretty

Emma: Nooooooo

Me: Yes, Emma you look very pretty

Emma: No, Emma not pretty. Emma gorgeous

haaa, haaa

I was suppose to be meeting my friend Debbie to go shopping in Walnut Creek and I thought she was coming later in the evening but she got there around 2 so I took Emma back to the hospital. Perfect timing cause Brandy was just arriving.

Emma and I had a GREAT time and although I was pretty pooped and did not move from my couch yesterday it was a lot of fun and hopefully we can do it again :o)

I was also tired because after dropping Emma off I went shopping with my friend Debbie, then a movie and then dinner. By the time I returned home it was 13 hours later.

Rocky and I had a nice breakfast yesterday, ran some errands and then returned home. He had to work and had to do some studying so we just layed low.

Amy had a really busy weekend as well so we decided that we aren't going to swim tonight. I think I'll stop by the hospital on my way home and then go home and try to clean up a little. We've gotta start getting for our trip to Solvang. It's a short week for me but it's going to be a busy one.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

So, ready for babies.....Ha,ha, ha!

Anonymous said...

Now you know why we're always late. It's tough getting yourself ready, and another little one ready when they are running around you.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time with Emma.