Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 06, 2007

I RAN, I RAN, I RAN

WOOHOOO, I put on my running shoes last night and ran 3.4 miles around Lake Merritt. I am super sore today but it felt good to be out there :o) Last night was our first buddy run of the summer season. Rocky and I headed out there and met the rest of our group. Everyone did a great job and all made it around the lake 1 time, which is awesome considering this was probably the longest run for some. I'm really looking foward to the new season and training again. I can't wait for November to run in New York :o)

Okay, I've been slacking on finishing up my Maui update :o( I promise to finish by the end of this week.

Maui - Thursday

It was an EARLY morning. We decided that we wanted to go to Haleakala to watch the sunrise. It meant heading out at 2:30 am to make the 2 hour drive up there, get parking and watch the sunrise. Didn't sound so good at first. We did manage to get up and go though. I was paranoid the whole way up. There was no barrier, it was super dark and we just kept climbing and climbing...YIKES. We managed to make it up and get parking. There were about 5 other cars there. We got there a bit early so I decided to take a nap.

When I woke up the parking lot was packed, in fact they had closed it off because no more cars fit. People had to park in the parking lot below. I had been warned by Olivia that it gets cold up there but I hadn't packed much warm clothes so I layered up with all the sweaters I could find and the extra blankie in our room. It was finally time to get out of the car...OH MY it was freezing and windy. Yeah, didn't feel like I was in Hawaii anymore. We were also 10,000 feet up, we were in the clouds. It was a bit creepy to think we were up wheren planes are usually flying. We saw the sunrise and it was gorgeous. It was well worth getting up and driving for 2 hours. It was perfect.

Once the sun was up we quickly got back in the car. Drove down to the other parking lot and took more pictures. I couldn't stand the cold anymore, my ears hurt, so I sat in the car while Rocky ran around like a mad man taking pictures. I sat in the car and watched the crazy people who had signed up to ride a bike down 10,000 feet on a two lane road. NO THANK YOU. I'll stay in this car.

We headed back down the mountain and went to Paia. A very small town but cute. We were goign to try to eat at Mama's Fish House but it was only 7am and they I think only open for dinner and lunch. Boo, hoo, we'd been told it was super yummy there. There was also a very pretty beach there. I guess right down the street from here is where all the windsufers surf.

Oh well, on our list for next time. We had breakfast at a small cafe in Paia. It was yummy.

We then headed back to the condo for a much needed long nap...zzzzz, night, night.

Morning :o) we are back up and now what? I think a day on the beach relaxing is in order. So we did just that, at on the beach and baked and played in the water. I've realized though that the older I get I can't sit out and bake in the sun too long so we decided to put our things away and just walk on the beach.
We walked along the beach, explored, took pictures and just kept walking, uhhh next thing we know we've walked 3 miles. See the little point at the end of the picture below? That's where we walked to :o)

We decided to grab a late lunch/early dinner and then head back....by cab :o) OH WAIT!! and I can't forget the Hula Pie. This picture says it all...YUMMY! the rest of the night we were in a food coma and just relaxed.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on running again! Eat enough pie like that and you'll have to, heh heh!

Anonymous said...

Yuummmm.... Hula Pie :D