Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 14, 2007

95 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, I know just a few months ago I was crying because it was freezing cold and I hate winter. I wanted it to start warming up. I like warm, I love summer but holy smokes we didn't get a chance to gradually get used to the heat. It just went from being in the 60's to being in the high 90's :o(

Last night I met up with Olivia and Amy at the Ironhorse Trail in Danville for a 3 mile run. None of us wanted to get out of the car, none of us wanted to run and we whined about it the whole time BUT we did it. I had icky flash backs of how hot it was when I did the triathlon. It was not a pretty day and last night was not a pretty evening. My watch says we ran for about 33 minutes. Amy said it came out to about 2.7 miles, not bad at all. We felt like it was 10 :o( Olivia surprised us with some nice ice cold packs. We cooled off with those. It didn't take long though before our bodies melted them. It helped out a lot. Other than how hot it was my legs felt pretty good. I am not as sore this week as last week. Today my quads are a little achy but not bad at all.

When I got in my car at 6:40pm the temperature in my car read 95 degrees :o(


Amy and Olivia, thanks for the run and GOOD JOB GIRLS!!! We got our run done.


On Tuesday night at the buddy run I was having some issues with my shins and last night they were fine. I think it really was my shoes and that I hadn't gotten new shoes since spring last year. I trained and did the triathlon, ran the Disneyland & Nike Half Marathon in those shoes. That's too much for one pair of shoes....oops. Now I'm set and ready for the season. I like my new shoes and I lucked out with the pretty colors. Sometimes they can get pretty ugly but I have no choice, it's not about how cute they are. Although if it was up to me all my running shoes would be pink or purple :o)

After the run I headed over and met Rocky at the fundraising clinic for TNT and mingled a little with our new participants. They had a table with copies of past fundraising letters to give out as examples, mine was there :o) pretty cool.

Then it was off to dinner. I was starving. We headed over to Applebee's because they have a weight watchers menu. I ordered the steak topped with portbello mushrooms. It also came with a pile of broccoli and some small red potatoes. It was pretty funny to see my little steak and what 1 serving of a steak is. It was about 3oz, very small. Funny how I was full though and if I'd gotten a BIG size steak like on the normal section of the menu I probably would have ate the whole thing also and then been super stuffed. I am learning though....portion control. I just need to control my portions.

I was going to run tonight but I think I'll go home and get some things done around the house. If it's not too late I may go run on the treadmill in our complex. We'll see how the evening goes.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Ahhh, creepy portabella mushrooms!! I am proud of all three of us... we did the damn thing and really didn't whine TOO much :D Hopefully next week the heat wave will be over!

Amy said...

Yay us! I agree, all running shoes need to be in pink or purple. Or red. Let's start a "no more ugly running shoes" campaign!