Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 27, 2007

Poopy Headache

I've had a headache for 3 days now :o( I did not run on Monday and I did not run last night. I've had 2 days of going home and plopping on my couch. I know it's stress so I'm not too concerned about why this headache won't go away. I know it's all the chaos in our lives right now. Work is busy, home is busy and of course training takes up a lot of time. So I am hoping that after this week and next week are over things will mellow out and life will be less chaotic.

My headache isn't as bad today but it is still there :O( I won't be running today either because I have an appointment this afternoon and I'm not sure how long it'll take and I also won't be able to run afterwards. Why you ask? hee, hee, I know you are wondering, aren't you? I am getting a tattoo fixed that I had done a long time ago and hate.

Note to my dad (he reads my blog): I promise I am not getting another tattoo, I am just getting my old one made pretty.

It's funny how when you are young you don't put much thought into what you are having done. I mean it's not like you don't know that it's going to be on your body for the rest of your life but I guess you just don't think about the consequences. My first tattoo was the sun, moon and stars on my lower back. I literally just walked in, found pretty picture on their wall of tattoo's and had them do it. I hated it when I got it and I hate it now :o( luckily the only time you can see it is when I'm wearing a bathing suit. I've had the tattoo for about 9 years and for the last 4 or so I've been really looking into getting it redone. I didn't really know til I watched a few tattoo shows on tv that there are certain things you shouldn't get in small sizes because as the years go by they turn into a blob or you kind of lose what the design was. That's what has happened to mine. It's an icky blob and I hate it. Did I mention, I hate it? This time I had to really think of what I wanted to cover it up with and who I'd go to. I finally decided on getting plumeria flowers. I love them and since I did get married in Maui, plumeria's have become very significant.

Did you know that the plumeria didn't orginate in Hawaii? I didn't know that til I was doing some research on them.

From Mexico and Central America, Plumeria has spread to all tropical areas of the world, especially Hawaii, where it grows so abundantly that many people think that it is indigenous there. P. alba is the national flower of Nicaragua and Laos, where it is known under the local name "Sacuanjoche" (Nicaragua) and "Champa" (Laos).

Although in the Hawaiian culture the plumeria is worn by women to indicate relationship status.

- over the right ear if seeking a relationship, and over the left if taken.

I guess I'll be wearing plumerias on my left ear :o)

I will be getting my tattoo done at Diving Swallow in Oakland. It was highly recommended by my friend Petra. She had a few cover ups done there. I am having my tattoo done by Leslie Mah and I really like her. Because she is so busy it's took me a long time to get in and see her but I know it's worth the wait. The last place I went to wasn't so great which is also the reason my tattoo doesn't look good. The people weren't very good. Rocky and I went in to see Leslie's portfolio's before I made an appointment with her and her work was awesome. She was also very nice when I went in with all my artowrk. I can't wait to see what the final design is going to look like.

Anyway, that's what my new pretty redone tattoo will be. There is also another element to it but I'll talk about that another time :o) and NO it's not Rocky's name..geesh!

Olivia is going to come with me to hold my hand cause OUCHIE it's gonna hurt. I also brought my teddie bear to hold onto and Rocky will meet us there later.

It's funny how tattoo's have changed over the years. I know a long time ago people getting tattoo's were mainly people in the military. It was also a huge gang thing to be tattoo's all over. Now it seems like tattoo's are more acceptable and people of all ages are getting them. I am totally hooked on the show Miami Ink and they always have great stories on there of the people getting tattoo's. Last week there was a little old lady, in her 80's, who really wanted a tattoo so she had her first initial put on her shoulder. It was really cute. Last night there was an older gentleman, not quite as old, who was blind and had gone in with his daughter to have the smiling/sad drama masks put on his back shoulder. He couldn't see it but wanted it there for others to see. He was really into theatre. I don't think my parents will ever quite get used to or like the fact that I have them. I often find them looking to make sure there aren't new ones :o) which there aren't. 3 is enough and luckily other than my one on my ankle I can keep them covered if I need to.

No comments: