Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 18, 2007

aaahhh 55 degrees :o)

The weekend was busy but it was fun.

Saturday

Alarm went off at 5:45 :o( that was not fun but up I was, got dressed, had some breakfast and headed out of the house to meet Jeanette at Lake Merritt. The team had a coached run at a track at the UC Berkeley Campus and then they had to attend Run University. We had decided though that we wanted to get a good run in and not on the track. So we met at Lake Merritt, we would do our run and then head over to meet the team. It was really chilly which I wasn't expecting because it's been so hot but not Saturday morning. It was 55 degrees and I have to admit that after last weeks high temperatures this was PERFECT running weather for me. I felt great, had a great run, best one all week and we finished in 35:38....woohooo. It was also my best time at the lake so far. I also think that eating good this week helped me feel good during my run.

After the run we went over to Run University. Rocky had ridden his bike there so I also had to go there and bring him back home. Run University seemed to go well. We didn't stay long because we had to be in Millbrae for our nieces birthday.

Okay, the 55 degree weather was perfect for running but not for hanging out at the park all day. It was pretty chilly in Millbrae. I don't think the sun really came out til around 4pm. 2 years ago we were at the same park for the same nieces birthday and it was super hot. Too bad it wasn't just right. The kids of course were fine cause they were running around playing but it was a bit chilly for the adults that were just standing around chatting. We did have a good time though and so did Patch. Our nephew did us the pleasure of wearing him out :o).

Sunday

Mellow day. It turned out to be a really nice day in Oakland yesterday so we had my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and kids over for a bbq. We took the kids and Patch over to the playground for a little while but basically our day was spent just relaxing and mingling with them. It was a nice day.

Schedule for this week:

Monday - workout video at home
Tuesday - Lake Merritt Buddy Run
Wednesday - run with Olivia and Amy
Thursday - track workout
Friday - rest
Saturday - 4 miles with the team

No comments: