Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 21, 2007

Fancy Watch

I got a new fancy watch for running. I had never really thought about getting one and hadn't really lookend into all the cool things they do but after Olivia got one for christmas from her parents and said she really liked it I started looking into them. The watch she has and the watch I got is the Garmin Forerunner 205. I had done some research and read up on their website and other websites about all the fancy stuff on it and I decided that I would get one. I was able to get an awesome deal on it so it made it well worth it. I really want to start being more consitant on my time and have a better performance on my next few races. I really think the watch will help with that.

Last night I ran with Amy and Olivia at the Ironhorse Trail. I started out with both of them but then after stretching I ran a little faster. I run a little faster then Amy and last week I noticed a little it of pain in my left leg, I think because I was running at her pace it was a little to slow for me. I sped up although not by much but it was more comfortable for me, we did our usual 2.7 mile loop and finished in 30:13. That was pretty good :o) I was able to go home and play with my watch and the software it came with for a bit. It was pretty cool to go on there and see my performance throughout the run. OH BOY was I not consistant with my speed. It was funny to see how I'd speed up (burst of energy) and slow down ( pooped) and at one point it even showed that my best pace was 8 minutes and something seconds....haa, haa, that's pretty funny. I didn't keep that up for very long. My slowest pace was over a 12 minute mile. I can also go online and use a program there for free, here is a snap shot of what I can do with this watch. It gives an overall review of my run, a map and a chart. It's a bit fuzzy but it gives you an idea. Pretty cool.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Now we just need to convince Amy to get the watch! I LUV mine, and don't even use all the features! Now if only it would actually RUN for us!

Amy said...

Must ... buy ... Garmin ... now ...