Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 13, 2007

NY York Marthon Rejection Letter...

.....in my dreams :o( Yesterday we spent the morning online checking to see which of our friends had gotten into the New York Marathon. Almost all of our friends made it in except for 3 and my hubby :o( boo, hoo. The New York Marathon had a record 98,000 people sign up this year for the lottery. I can't remember how many they let in each year but our group of friends did pretty good getting in. Olivia, Jeanette & Raji are added to the group running there this year. Amy, Lindsay, Monica, Lael and I all got in last year and we rolled over our entries to this year so we could see if everyone else could get in and we'd all do the race together. It's going to be a fun time and I can't wait. Rocky, Phil and Karen will come to cheer us on and support us. So last night the last thing I did before bed was check my MySpace account, Phil had left me a comment on there saying that even though he wasn't going to be doing the race he'd be in New York cheering for us. He also wrote on his blog about how bummed he was about not getting in but now he'll be doing the Nike Marathon in honor of our friend Brenda. I guess because rejection was in my head when I went to bed I dreamt that all of us who'd gotten into the race received a letter saying that they had made a mistake and we had been rejected...NOOOOOOOOO....luckily it was just a dream and I woke up a few minutes later...PHEW!!! I AM DOING THE NEW YORK MARATHON! WOOHOOO!!!! Plane tickets are bought, race entry paid for and hotel booked. Now I just pray for a good training season.

Last night's buddy run went well. There were a total of 13 of us including special guest Mama Lisa and later on Coach Al showed up. I ran the lake in 41 minutes. Pretty consistent with last week. I had planned on running the whole time which if I had I probably would have made it back in about 36-38 minutes but one of our participants had stopped to walk and I wanted to check in on her so I walked the last part of the run with her. I feel great today and am looking forward to my 3 mile run with Olivia and Amy on the Ironhorse Trail this evening.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I am DREADING our run tonight! I ran last night and just baked, even at 7:00 PM :(

Phil said...

sorry for being debbie downer and causing you to have nightmares. good thing you woke up! It's going to be a fun time in NYC!