Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 22, 2007

Adjusting

My body is still trying to adjust to running 4 days a week. Although the mileage is still low I went from running 3 days a week, to not running at all for 6 months to now running 4 days and hopefully getting some other workout in on one other day or possibly running 5 days. That leaves me 1 day of rest. When I trained for the Chicago Marathon I tried to follow this schedule but it didn't work out so well. This season looks good and I think we'll be able to stick to it. Last night we had a track workout in San Leandro. We were suppose to run 14, 17 or 19 minutes. I chose 17 and believe me even that was a lot for my little legs. I could feel that they were a little tired from the other 2 days of running. My body seams to be adjusting though. I'm not sore anymore like I was the first week I am just a little pooped. I also haven't been getting to bed on time and I know that's affecting me. I'm hoping next week will be better. My handy dandy watch said I did 1.56 miles in 16:56 yesterday. Not too bad.

I was cracking up at the picture above. This is taken from the program I use online to look at the info from my watch. Notice all the squiggly lines? Haa, haa...that's my path each time I went around. Not so straight :o( The GPS is very accurate and plots out your exact route. During track workouts it's hard to stay in one spot because you are running around other people on the track. It was funny to see this.


This weekend is going to be a bit busy. Tomorrow morning we have a team run in Oakland. YIPEE at least it's close and I don't have to get up super duper early. I will be running 4 miles. After the run Olivia and I have a shopping date, then it's off to a friends birthday. Sunday I plan on doing my exercise video or go for a short run. Then clean the house and then the girls are coming over for knitting....YAY! It's been probably about a month since I picked up my knitting so I'm looking forward to it. Rocky is bbq'ing for us :o) can't wait.


GOOD LUCK to all our friends doing the Anchorage Marathon this weekend and GOOD LUCK to our friend Tom who's doing the Ironman in Idaho this weekend!


Have a great weekend!

No comments: