Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 20, 2007

Icky Belly Ache

Had a good run at the buddy run last night. I ran with Meenu :o) and we finished in a little over 36 minutes. No walking :o) It was a minute slower than Saturday but I'm still keeping on pace and doing much better than I had been. It was nice and cool last night as well. Afterwards Rocky and I went and grabbed a bite to eat. I had a very yummy grilled prawn salad. It was nice and healthy and actually the portion was small which was suprising because it was a mexican restaurant and they always give you lots of food. This was a good size though.

I wasn't feeling very good though after the run. This season I get to try out new gels because Power Gel decided to change the way they did their gels and now the new ones make me sick :o( I'm not too happy about that. On Saturday I tried GU (Tri-Berry Flavor) and it was yummy and I felt pretty good during and after the run. I can't remember though if I had gatorade on Saturday or not. That's usually what ends up making me sick. You aren't suppose to take the gels with gatorade, which I don't, but after a while and all that stuff has been in my belly and gets all mixed up I start feeling sick. I felt it last night. I tried the gels made by Cytomax (Vanilla flavor). Tasted yummy but did not feel very good after the run when the gatorade and gel had finally mixed. It's going to take a little time to find a good combination. I just hate the icky feeling in my belly :o(

1 comment:

Phil said...

hope you find a gel that works for you!