Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 30, 2007

Maui - Wednesday

This was the day I was dreading although it turned out to be a fun day. I forgot to mention that on Tuesday while in Lahaina Rocky went on a mission to find a surfing shop who's ad he'd seen in one of the magazines we'd gotten back at the condo. The Goof Foot Surf School, he wanted to take surfing lessons and somehow convinced me that I should too *sigh*. I don't do well in the ocean. I hate being tossed around by the waves. It totally freaks me out :o(
Other than surfing Wednesday was another just hang out and do nothing day. We had some more yummy kalbi ribs. The left overs from Monday night lasted for quite a few days. Rocky decided to put them in the rice this time. So he had eggs and rice with ribs and I had some cereal and a few bites of the rice. It was yummy.

We lathered up with sunscreen and headed out to the surfing school. We had a 2 hour lesson that started at about 10. Each group had 5 people in it so it was nice because the guy was able to spend time with each of us. Our group had 4 people. A lady from London, a man who'd moved to Maui and wants to surf but needed lessons and us. They showed us what to do and had us practice on the beach first and then had us go in the water. I of course don't surf like everyone else, I am goofy footed :o) You can tell in the pics below. I am turned the other way. I was still a bit nervous but the water wasn't very bad at all, the waves were small :o) and everyone else in the water seemed to be okay. We didn't all go out at the same time which was good. Our instructor went out in the ocean and told us when to come out. He'd hold our board and tell us when to start paddling, get up and start surfing. I did pretty good. Fell a few times before I could get up but the water was shallow and I didn't freak out. We both got up a few times and it was a blast. Our instructor even had Rocky and I try surfing side by side but I didn't last long and we wiped out.

After surfing we went back to the condo and cleaned up and had lunch. We wanted to do more shopping so we headed to the shops in Kaanapali. The outdoor mall there had a variety of shops so that's where we did our souvenir shopping. We also had an early dinner there and ate at the Hula Grill...YUMMY!


In the evening we headed to the beach in front of the condo. We pulled up some chairs and watched the pretty sunset.


1 comment:

Phil said...

looked fun! and the food! my mouth is watering!!