Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 24, 2007

Maui - Sunday

Our Wedding Day - April 29, 2007 :o)

Woke up fairly early. I was having trouble sleeping in too late because of the time change so we just got up. Rocky made breakfast for himself. I can't do a huge breakfast every morning so I decided to just have some cereal and some yummy fresh pineapple and papaya on the side. He had eggs and rice :o) he has to have his rice. We made breakfast and had it out on our balcony. It became our ritual every morning. It was so nice to just sit out there and eat, talk and enjoy the scenery.

We decided to have a mellow day since we were getting married in the evening but needed to start getting ready around 2pm because we had to leave the condo around 3:30 or so to head to Makena which was about an hour away. After breakfast we decided to go on a short walk on the beach to explore and see what was around the area we were staying at. We weren't going to be gone to long though because we didn't want to be in the sun too much. The last thing we wanted was to be crispy red in our wedding photos.


We went on our walk and then came back to the condo. Hung around for a bit and then headed off to the mall to get my nails done. I had a pretty ring now to go with my wedding band so I wanted pretty nails :o) Rocky even managed to get his very first manicure. I think that's all he talked about the rest of the day. He loved it.

Back to the room again and more relaxing :o) too bad I can't do that here every day. Work for 2 hours, take a nap, work for 2 more hours, take a nap. I could get used to that real quick.

Anyway, then it was time to get ready for the big moment. I don't think either one of us was nervous. At least it didn't seem to me like Rocky was. I was more excited than anything else. I couldn't wait to walk down that beach and marry Rocky.

We got dressed and headed out to Makena which is on the other side of the island and about an hour away. Rocky wanted to get there a little early because he didn't want to get lost or be rushed. We got their a little too early though and I had to sit in the car with the air blowing under my dress cause it was warm. On our way to Makena we saw a beautiful rainbow, I told Rocky it was Brenda. She was there and we even put in a little request to her for no rain. As we got closer to Makena there were some UGLY dark clouds and we were sure it was going to rain. It didn't...phew!!!

We met up with the people who were performing our wedding and they drove us out to the little beach where we would be married. It was called Makena Surf and it was amazing. It was a beautiful little spot, very quiet and secluded with a really nice view. They made us feel so comfortable and ended up doing such an amazing job. The ceremony took about 15-20 minutes and the rest of the time we spent chatting with them and taking pictures when the time was right. The sun and clouds had to be perfect :o) and they were. I still can't believe how great our pictures turned out.

Once were were all done with the wedding stuff we took off to dinner as Mr. & Mrs. Reyes :o) We had dinner at Nick's Fish Market which was just a block or so away from where we got married. It was located inside the Fairmont Hotel. It was a good dinner but we weren't thrilled with the service. Oh well. We were happy as can be and our wedding turned out perfect. It was exactly what we had wanted and more.




No comments: