Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 23, 2007

Okay, Okay....

......I'll update :o( since people are tired of seeing my OH SO HAPPY wedding picture.

Things have continued to be hectic. We came back from vacation, moved, unpacked, built furniture, hosted my parents while they were visiting, continue to unpack and build furniture and of course do that thing called work. We are pooped and feel like we never went on vacation. Things are coming along though and we are finally settling into our new place and getting into a routine as a happily married couple :o) We are still waiting for a few more pieces of furniture to arrive that were back ordered so most of the boxes we have sitting around are because the items have no home. I can't wait til they do and everything is stored away neatly in it's place.

I haven't written about Maui so I think I'll update for the next week with each day in Maui. I'll start today with Day 1. I'll try to keep it brief :o)

Maui - Saturday
Day 1 started at about 5am for me. Olivia was taking Rocky and I to the airport and we were going to leave our house around 6:30, pick up Rocky at 7am and arrive at the airport with plenty of time to get luggage checked in, grab a bite to eat and wait to board. I called Rocky at about 6:40ish to let him know we were on our way, no answer. Hmmm, maybe he's showering. We arrived at Rocky's at about 6:45/6:50ish and when I called to tell him we were there here is how the conversation went.

Me: MORNING, we are here!
Rocky: HUH, WHAT TIME IS IT?
Me: Rocky are you still sleeping?
Rocky: Not anymore

Good thing I was early and we still had plenty of time to get to the airport. He took a quick shower and luckily most of his stuff was packed. He was ready in about 10 minutes and off to the airport we went. THANK YOU OLIVIA!

Airport went fine, on the plane and off to Maui. Arrived in Maui 5 hours later.

We got our luggage and headed to pick up the rental car. WHY, is it that renting a car never goes smoothly. It took FOREVER for us to get our car :o( It was hot and we were starving. Anyway, off we went to meet the marriage license lady. That didn't take long and afterwards we finally got some lunch. We made a quick trip to Walmart to load up on food for the condo. Mainly breakfast stuff and drinks. Our plan was to cook breakfast at the condo and eat out for lunch and dinner. After Walmart it was off to the condo. The condo was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for anything better.

We got settled in, basically moved in :o) and the went and walked around the grounds of the condo. We were kind of pooped so we didn't really do much til dinner time. We just hung around the condo and enjoyed the view from our window.

We made reservations at a nice restaurant for that night but as we were driving to it we found a much more causal place, Aloha Mixed Plate, that Olivia had suggested. It's like our version of L&L Hawaiian BBQ but ten times better. We decided we'd go there since we really didn't feel like doing the fancy thing. We had some yummy kalbi ribs, teriyaki chicken, rice and macaroni salad. The restaurant has outdoor seating so it was a beautiful view of the sunset. It was the perfect start to our vacation. We headed back to the condo after dinner and just relaxed.............

.....oh, and then there was the engagement :o)

When Rocky and I left Oakland there was no official engagement or an engagement ring. We had decided that at some point maybe for our anniversary I'd get the ring but for now it was fine if we both just had wedding bands. We had gone out a few weeks before to buy matching wedding bands and we were both happy with those. But of course I have the sweetest hubby ever and he surprised me with an engagement ring. He proposed when we returned to the condo on the balcony. So we were officially engaged for about 12 hours :o) I still can't believe he traveled with my ring. He said he was worried security would ask him to take it out of the box. They didn't and until the minute he gave me the box I had no clue it was with him.

The funny part, which doesn't suprise me is that later he told me he had taken the ring with him to dinner because he thought it'd be romantic if he proposed at sunset but once sunset hit, the sun went down too fast and he was hungry. Food won over a proposal at sunset....haa, haa!

2 comments:

Phil said...

can't wait to see the newly Mr. and Mrs. Reyes!

Maui restaurants said...

We did a bunch of other amazing things during our trip to Hawaii, but I really wanted to share this experience as a must do! Here’s a link to there website http://www.oldlahainaluau.com I’m making a list of the other fun activities we did, so feel free to hit me up for ideas : ) If you are looking for what to do in Maui this is highly recommended. Enjoy your trip!"