Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 11, 2008

Vacations, Knitting & Dead Batteries

This weekend turned out to have some highs and some lows.

Friday night Rocky and I headed out to Montclair and had dinner at Italian Colors. It's a yummy place but way over priced for pasta. We had a good time though and while there we chatted about where we are going on vacation in April for our 1 year Anniversary..YIKES time flies when you are having fun.

Anywho, we've had a travel agent looking into several locations for us, Mexico, Caribbean, Costa Rica, and after looking at locations and pricing we've decided to go with the Caribbean. We are going to be going to the Dominica Republic and staying in a nice place right on the beach :o) I can't wait! It'll be a nice getaway to a new location and very relaxing. I've been to several location in Mexico and Costa Rica was super expensive so for the price we got a good deal to go to the Dominican Republic. I would have never thought that this was a popular destination but after looking into it, it is so this is where we will go. This means I gotta chop chop and get a new passport since I changed my name. I will be taking care of that this week. After a nice dinner and chatting we headed home to relax.

Rocky got up and went on another bike ride Saturday morning while I stayed home to do some much needed cleaning of the house and laundry. I managed to get all the cleaning done before I had to leave the house for my pedicure appt. I was meeting Amy in Walnut Creek to have our toes done. It was nice to have my feet massaged after running around the house cleaning all morning. Somehow while sitting there chatting about stuff we remembered that we both needed a few things before we can start swimming, we are starting on the 18th, one of those things was a new bathing suit because neither one of us fits into our old ones :o( We decided to hit the swim shop in Walnut Creek after our toes, talk about deflating my good mood :o( let's just say things didn't go so well :o( I did manage to get new goggles though and a new swim cap, in pink :o) After the icky swim suit shopping we picked up sandwiches and headed home. I made a quick stop at the grocery store and then headed home to the hubby and doggies.

We talked to our travel agent Saturday afternoon and officially booked our trip so afterwards we headed over to Barnes and Noble to find some books on the Dominican but they didn't have much so we didn't buy anything. I did manage to find a swimsuit at Sports Authority while we were out...YUCK! We made a quick stop at Blockbuster to rent a movie and then headed home for the evening.
Sunday Rocky headed out to Kali and I did nothing in the morning :o) it was nice. Later in the afternoon I staerted cooking some yummy quesadilla fixings for the ladies coming over for knitting. We had a GREAT time lauging, eating, drinking and knitting. I always have a good time with these ladies. My hubby though was on the couch miserable :o( he all of a sudden got a really bad case of allergies. He ended up taking some medicine and going to bed :o(

The ladies headed out around 7:30 and a few minutes later one was back, Olivia. Her car died :o( Rocky tried to jump it but it didn't work. We aren't sure if my hubby is battery jumping challenged or the car just wouldn't turn over. Called AAA and the guy said she needed water in the battery, HUH! I didn't know batteries had water in them, I dunno. Anyway, he didn't think that she'd make it home even if he filled it so we decided she should just stay and deal with it in the morning. We did just that! Mr. AAA man arrived around 9am with a new battery, installed it and off she went. I benefited from it cause I got to sleep in while we waited for him :o)

It was a nice weekend. I'm excited about our vacation, it gives me more of an incentive to lose weight. YAY! I got quite a bit of knitting done and uhhhh, Ms. Olivia has herself a new battery and luckily that's all that is wrong with her car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Dominican Republic is beautiful! You'll love it. And I found it wasn't as touristy as places in Mexico. (although it could have changed in the last 5 years) Jumping in a taxi and traveling to non-touristy towns is a good idea too.