Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 21, 2008

Eclipse

The rain held out and although it was cloudy we still go to see this





while doing our swimming last night. We did all the same drills we did on Monday and even added an extra 50m of swimming at the end for a total of 850m last night :o) YAY us.

I went by Forward Motion yesterday and got new shoes. Mizuno is very funny and now I see why we end up having issues, like shin splints or plantar faciitis, when getting new shoes. For some reason I haven't thrown out my 2005 running shoes and last night I was looking in my closet and here is what I have:

2005 Mizuno Alchemy - Size 7.5
2006 Mizuno Alchemy - Size 6
2007 Mizuno Alchemy (these are my new ones) - Size 7


WHY is that each year they mess with the shoe so much that I'm such different sizes. I'm usully a 7 in a running shoe but I'm assuming that something went wonky in 2006 and they ended up with a very wide or long shoe for me to be wearing a size 6 and have plenty of room in the toe. Very strange. I've gotten lucky and never had a problem with the Mizuno's. In 2005 I had shin splints and plantar faciitis because before I found that Mizuno's would work I had gone through about 4 other shoes to find the one that was perfect. I used to wear Saucony and they changed my shoe and the new one is what caused my problems :o( grrrrrr! Anyway, I hope my Alchemy's continue to be good for me. I shall find out very soon.


Weight loss had been VERY slow for the last couple of weeks but I wasn't really being good on the weekends. I manage to maintain my weight and even lose a few ounces here and there but it wasn't much. I kind of fell behind my plan of at least 2lbs a week but I'm back on track now and went by and got weighed in today......down a total of 9.4 lbs, I am only a few ounces away from that 10lb mark....YAY!!!! I've gotta work hard I've got a vacation to go on in 2 months :o) I really think the swimming will help and I'm planning to start running soon which is why I went and bought new shoes. I think Rocky and I are also going to join the Yellow Jackets, a cycling group, to ride with on Saturday's until I start the triathlon team. Lots of hard work but in the end it'll pay off and I'll be nice and skinny, I hope :o)

No comments: