Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 28, 2008

Whoa Nelly!

Where do I begin? This weekend actually ended up being a little busy for us although it was pretty productive once again.

Friday evening was HORRIBLE getting home. It took me forever because it was pouring buckets and there was a darn car up the embankment in Castro Valley :o( I finally made it home and then Rocky and I had to head out to buy a birthday present. We couldn't wait til the next day because we were meeting the lucky recipient for breakfast. We went over to 4th Street in Berkeley because we wanted to get the gift at Anthropologie. It was pouring the whole way there and the traffic coming home was pretty icky as well. We made it to the store about 5 minutes before closing so we got the gift and then headed around the corner to Spengers for dinner. A few hours later we headed home and although it was still pouring at least the traffic was not bad.

Saturday morning we got up early to meet Rocky's parents and cousins for breakfast in Berkeley. I gotta say I was super cranky, I'm surprised my hubby didn't make me sit in the car :o( I was grouchy cause it was early and it was freezing. The place was super small and there was only seating outside. Yeah, I was not a happy camper. Little by little though I lightned up :o) I guess I just needed some food :o) The place was Fanny Cafe and it was actually a really cute place with simple but very yummy food. I got two poached eggs on a some yummy fresh bread and decaf coffee. OMG, it was so good. We hung out and gave Mrs. Sharlene, Rocky's cousin, here b-day gifts and then chit chatted or a while. We did have to sit outside but it actually turned out to be a nice day and it got a little warm :o)

We then decided to stop by a yarn shop in that area to check out the store since I'd never been there and both Rocky's mom and I needed needles. It was a cute shop but they didn't have what I needed so I didn't purchase anything. WOW, made it out empty handed :o) We also went to another little shop next door that had some interesting things I believe from India including a chest that was on sale and very cute. I bought it for either my yarn or the 5 gagillion blankies we own. It looks nice in our living room and hey I expanded from the normal Crate & Barrel stuff. I was pretty proud of myself. We all parted ways and Rocky and I headed for home. I pretty much just dropped him off, he wanted to go on a bike ride, and I continued my errands. I had to go to the yarn shop in Pleasanton to get some needles and other goodies :o) and I also needed to do some major grocery shopping. I did all that and finally made it home a few hours later. We put the groceries away and cleaned up our place. We finally got a chance to plop down and relax. I got some knitting done and around 6ish my brother/sister-in-law and the kids came over so we went to Japanese with them and then gelato :o) yummers! When we finally got home, put our jammies on and sat on the couch we relized we were exhausted and Rocky was feeling a little conjested. YAY, sleep in on Sunday!

Sunday I did get to sleep in a little but not too long. I had to get up and make some yummy black bean soup cause Ms. Olivia was coming over around lunch time. Both here and I had lots of yarn to wind and we thought it'd be fun to spend the afternoon just knitting. We did just that. We had lunch and then spent about 4 hours just knitting and chatting. Rocky even joined us with his crochet. He's been trying to start a hat he saw in a magazine. He did manage to finish it although it has some extra sections :o) haa, haa. I give him props though for figuring it out on his own and trying to hard to get it right. I think he's figured out what he did wrong and will give it another try.

So that was our weekend.

I just got back from WW and somehow I managed to lose another 1.4 pounds...WOOHOO! I did really good about staying within my points this week although a lot of the food I ate was out at restaurants so it's not always the best choices. I didn't do good at all this week eating my veggies and fruits so I'll have to get back on it this week. I must have done a few things right though because I stil lost some weight. YAY me!

I leave you now with a funny from this weekend. Daisy likes to watch t.v and sometimes there are certain noises that really get her attention. On Saturday there was a commercial on t.v. for a Dog Show that was at the Cow Palace in SF. The commercial had a guy talking about the show wtih a bunch of dogs barking in th background. Here is Daisy watching it. I think she really wanted to go to the show :o)


No comments: