Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 21, 2008

Happy Birthdayversary!

We had a great weekend, with lots of yummy food and good times with great friends.

Friday started out with pedicures and dinner with Olivia, Jeanette and Amy. We had a lot of fun giggling, getting our toes done, legs rubbed and massages by the massage chairs at the nail shop. The owner at the shop even let us pick a movie, we picked Charlie's Angels although we didn't really watch it, and then he brought us out a "special" drink, he had champagne for us. Wasn't expecting that at all so it was a nice suprise to the already fun and relaxing time spent there. We then headed over to Maria Maria for dinner. The only dinner reservation options they had were 5:15 and 8:30 so we went for the 5:15 but ended up staying there for quite a long time. We were having such a good time chatting that we decided to just hang out there. I'm sure out waitress wasn't too thrilled but oh well.

Saturday morning we didn't do much but run some errands. I had to pick up drinks and cakes for the party Rocky's mom was having. It was a 40th birthday party for Rocky and an Anniversary celebration for my brother/sister in law. They've been married for 18 years, wow!

The main group coming over for Rocky's party were his friends that he's had since the 3rd grade...YEP THE 3RD GRADE! Can you believe that? It's amazing to me. I don't talk to anyone even from high school and my longest friend as an adult I've only known since about 1996. It's really neat to watch them all come together and have so much fun, it's like they see each other every day, they kind of just pick up where they left off. Rocky see's his friend Jose once a week because he's the drummer of the band but the other guys he doesn't see as often. Some of them we hadn't seen since our wedding reception back in July. All of the except for 2 are married and the wives are super nice and I always enjoy talking to them. It was really nice that they all came out except for one of them we'll have to catch up with him later. Anyway, we had a great time with everyone.

Ms. Olivia also made the trek to Daly City, THANK YOU! and hopefully you've recovered from the ginormous amount of food we ate.

the guys

the guys and their wives

Rocky with his two brothers and parents

all of us (parents, 3 brothers, 3 daugher-in-laws & 4 grandchildren)

Rocky with brother Chris & his wife Hideko

Happy 40th Birthday & 18th Wedding Anniversary :o)


Sunday I did nothing. I didn't even clean my house this weekend :o( whooops. I did manage to get a load of laundry in though so that was good. Hubby's got clean clothes at least :o) I literally sat on the couch once I got out of bed at 11 :o) watched football and knitted ALL day long. I managed to finish knitting a sweater for Ms. Daisy, a hat for Rocky and work on a scarf I'm doing so I was pretty darn productive with my knitting. I'll have to catch up on my chores this week and let my hands rest from knitting. It was a nice relaxing Sunday though.

No comments: