Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 25, 2008

Inspired

The Spirit of the Marathon movie was great and definitely very inspirational. I'm not ready to sign up for another marathon quite yet but it's not out of the question in a year or so. The marathon followed 6 people who were training for the Chicago Marathon 2005, that's the race that Jeanette, Lael, Rocky & I did, so it was pretty cool.

I keep telling Olivia that she should do that race and if she does I will do it with her :o) then maybe that will be my last, haa, haa. I guess I'm just not gonna be happy til I have another good race. I'm feeling like I just can't end my marathon career with the way New York went. Finishing in pain and in 7 hours is not how I wanted to finish. So we shall see what the future holds. In the meantime I continue to let the ankle heal and maybe by the middle of February I'll start running again and in June we start training for the Pac Grove.




We had a lot of fun last night and it was nice seeing a lot of people from TNT we haven't seen in a while. It was a late night for us though and we came home to unhappy doggies. Daisy and Patch decided that they'd had enough of being alone, I think by the time we got home they had been alone for 14 hours :o( I came home and found Daisy reading InTouch Magazine. I guess she wanted to see if teal was her color.


Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Olivia said...

Oh no!! BAD DOGGIES!!

Phil said...

if you guys do Chicago, i'll do it with you all. I can't leave my marathon career like that. I know I can do better. i'm amped up!

Anonymous said...

The movie was really inspirational. I really do want to do another one, since the last full I did was almost 3 years ago. Wow! I can't believe it's been that long ago. I'll think about doing Chicago with you all too. It would be fun to get back in to it.

Amy said...

You should leave them some better reading materials! :)

Ok, I'm in for Chicago too. Oh wait, that involves running, doesn't it?