Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 14, 2008

Party Like a Rock Star

Today it's very foggy and cold out. I am pooped and it would have been the perfect day for a 3 day weekend. I need another day off :o( I'm getting old, I can't party like a rock star anymore, haa, haa.

Friday night we headed out to the city for date night. Rocky's friend is a DJ and throughout the year he always invites to come hang out where ever it is he is spinning. Only problem is that it's usually on Friday night and because we are usually training we can't go. We had no excuse this time and since it was Rocky's bday on Thursday and his friends on Wednesday we thought it'd be fun to go. We started out with dinner at the Thirsty Bear, it's a tapas style restaurant. We tried 5 different plates and had the sangria. It was all very good. Then we headed across the street to the W where Rocky's friend was going to DJ. We were a little early so we played tic tac toe for a bit :o) and then when his friend arrived we were able to move over to the "reserved" section on the couches where we had bottled service thanks to Rocky's friend :o) We each only had one drink but it was nice to not have to fight the crowd at the bar or pay for it :o) It was actually kind of relaxing cause it's a lounge type place and there is no dancing. So we sat on the couch and chatted with one of Rocky's friends who he handn't seen in like 18 years and listened to the music. I of course people watched the very interesting SF peeps that were there. I was kind of thankful for the couch because although my shoes were cute they weren't very comfortable. We had a good time and then headed home around midnight.





Happy Birthday DJ Chris!


Saturday of course we slept in and then we went over to Montclair for our Starbucks coffee and Noah's bagel. We walked around a little, hit the grocery store and then went home. I cleaned a little and gave the doggies a much needed bath. I was hoping to take them to Pt. Isabel but it was getting a little late and it was a little chilly for Ms. Daisy to be out. In the evening we headed to Daly City for our friends son's birthday party. They had at a playhouse type place so while Rocky ran around with all the kids I hung out and chatted with my sister-in-law. Afterwards the party continued at our friends house. We hung out there til about 10:30 and then headed home.

Our niece and nephew having fun at the b-day party


Sunday, I was up early because I needed to cook and get the house ready for guests. The other day I invited 4 of the ladies to come over for a small Stitch-n-Bitch, we are having our usual one with all the other ladies later this month, anywho, my small party of 4 turned into a party of 8 :o) Jeanette brought her hubby and my mother-in-law and father-in-law also joined us. The boys watched football while the girls knitted. Rocky and I cooked a combination of healthy and not so healthy food so that those on WW would be able to be "good" and not eat too bad. It turned out to be such a fun party. Rocky's mom had a great time learning new knitting things from everyone and seeing all the great projects you can make. We realized after everyone left that we didn't take as single picture :o(

Our weekend was busy but we had a really good time with everyone. Tonight we will go home and relax though and catch up on some tv :o)

Happy Monday!

No comments: