Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 09, 2008

Doggie Heaven


Yesterday my co-worker called and said that his wife asked him to return home because something was wrong with their doggie. They needed to take him to the vet right away. The doggies name is Jack and they have had him since he was a puppy, he is 9 now. He is a Golden Retriever (I think) and super friendly loving dog. They found out yesterday late afternoon that the doggie had a big mass in it's belly and they needed to do an MRI to see how bad it was. If it was contained they could try to do surgery but if not then they had to put him down. Well, my co-worker just called and they had to put him to sleep, the cancer had spread to much. He is now in doggie heaven.

There are days when I just want to open the door and let our doggies run away because they drive me batty but I know we'd I'd sad. There is just something about coming come to our crazy little doggies every day that feels so nice. Someone said to me the other day that the nice thing about having dogs is that they don't talk back, HA!, come to my house. Patch talks back all the time. Both doggies have such different personalities and are like little people. It's pretty funny. We've had both doggies since they were 8 weeks old and now Patch is a little over 2 and Daisy will be 1 year in May, I can't imagine not having them.

I didn't go on my walk yesterday at lunch, I think I'll either walk 3 miles or run three miles after work. Doing it during work is to hot and I hate being sweaty. I did though go home and walk the dogs around the block and although it's hilly it doesn't take than 10 minutes to go all the way around. I'll be swimming tonight though and looking forward to it. I think I'll also go on a 30 minute walk before since I have an hour or so to kill. That'd be a good way to spend my time instead of shopping :o)

Our friend goes in today for round 2 of her chemo, please keep her in your thoughts.

No comments: