Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 14, 2008

Moraga Brick - COMPLETED

If you remember back to a few weeks ago when we first went to Moraga Commons for our brick workout I did NOT do well and in fact didn't really do the workout. Last night I DID it and I was pretty darn proud of myself. Again another sign that I'm improving and that this crazy training is paying off.

So back to Moraga we went and I got lost getting there. Haa, haa, I made a wrong turn and was lost for like 15 minutes. I still managed to get there pretty early though. We had another brick workout to do and none of us were to thrilled about it. When I left work in Danville it was 99 degrees and when I got to Moraga it was only 4 degrees cooler. Not good when you have a slightly tough run/bike workout to do.

Scheduled Workout:

6 minute warmup
approx 4 mile out/back bike ride (LVL3 going out with a LVL8 up the hill, LVL3 coming back and again LVL8 up the hill and back to LVL3 the rest of the way)

6 minute run (race pace)
repeat bike ride

6 minute run (race pace)
LVL 3 cool down on the bike about 10 minutes



Coach Paul said they'd be out there watching to make sure we weren't over doing it. The only place you were suppose to be riding hard was on the two hills we had. Other than that it was LVL3 for the bike and run. I wanted to barf on my last bike ride. Even though it had cooled down it was insanely hot when we started and I was super overheated. My gloves, my helmet, my visor were all drenched. Eeeewww.

I was once again the last rider and runner back but Coach Mike D. stayed with me on the last long bike, the last run and the cool down bike....THANKS MIKE! That helped out a lot. I'm happy with the workout and feeling it in the legs today.

No comments: