Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 19, 2008

24 Days Til Race Day!

I can't belive that I'm only 24 days away from race day. It seems crazy that Amy and I started this journey back in December of 2007. It was at Olivia's birthday party that I talked Amy, after a few glasses of wine, to sign up and do her first triathlon. We started swimming way before the season started and I'm glad we did. It gaves a head start on the crazy swim schedule that we have been enduring. The shedule has been tough not just physically but also mentally and somehow we've managed to get through it. It's paying off though and I have to say that I feel pretty darn healthy and in pretty darn good shape. I wasn't sure how the injury to my ankle last year would affect me but I'm happy to say that so far so good :o) I can't wait for race day and I can't wait to watch both Phil (Phil's race is a week earlier on Sept 7) and Amy finish their first triathlon. WOOHOO it's almost here.

This weekend we are going to Pacific Grove to train on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it but also a bit nervous. I sure hope that I don't freak out in the kelp and if I do that at least I can overcome it by the time we leave there.

Fundraising is going well but the final final deadline is fast approaching and I only have a few more days to raise the last $300. That is it $300 left!

So if you've been putting it off, this is a gentle reminder that now is the time to donate :o) and I really hope that you can help me out. Donate Here....THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Amy said...

After SEVERAL glasses of wine. :)