Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 29, 2008

In the Dark

It's HOT already :o(

Yesterday was quite the weird day. I was at work trying to get things done before heading out for the long weekend when all of a sudden the lights started flickering. I lost a long email I had just typed but then the lights stayed on and back to re-typing my email I went. Then the power totally shut off :o( boo, hoo. I decided to go to lunch since it was lunch time and then come back to see how long it was going to be. I returned from lunch to find out that some transformer had blown underground and who knows when the power would come back. My boss was out in the field but I called him and he told me to go home, my co-worker did the same. WOOHOO even earlier start to the weekend. Only one slight problem, I had to swim and driving home to Oakland and then having to come all the way back was not sounding good especially with it being a holiday weekend traffic on 580 was not going to be pretty. I called Amy to tell her what was going on and she was kind and offered me her home :o) She told me how to break into the house :o) and I hung out there til she got home. I had my sandwich I had picked up earlier, watched trashy tv and boy has daytime tv gotten trashy and pretty much just got to relax, it was very nice, THANK YOU AMY!!!

Headed to Shadow Clifss fairly early and got our 40 minute work out in. I felt pretty good and I managed to get 6 laps done in the 40 minutes. Since it was so hot we decided not to use our wetsuit and just swim in bathing suits. I'm guessing at this point we will not have a chance to swim in wetsuits again before our race. The water at Shadow Cliffs is very very low now and even more gross then it was before. So we are done, YIPEE! I never want to swim there again.

I ended up having to go back to work after swimming to get our network working again and get a letter out for my boss that a client needed. As I was sitting there working and the very last page of my letter printed out, the power went out again. This time though I ran like a baby because it was pitch black. Called the boss to tell him and I ran out of there :o), it was pretty funny. Hope they get that transformer fixed cause it was 102 in Danville yesterday so not a good time to be without power and air conditioning.

Our office got to take the day off and have a 4 day weekend so today will be a house cleaning day and then the fun can begin. We have a few fun things planned for the weekend with friends and family. I do still have to train so that will also still be part of the weekend. Hopefully the weather will cool down a little.

Have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!!!

No comments: