Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 02, 2007

Doggies, Doggies and More Doggies

This weekend was fairly busy but it was fun. The highlight of Patch's weekend was the doggie park yesterday :o)

Friday started out with the Giant's game. My boss had gotten tickets from a client so he gave them to me. We took Olivia and Karen. Olivia had picked up some sandwiche's, soda and chips for us to eat. We were trying to be good and not eat the junk food at the ball park since we had to run the next day. That didn't go so well. Somehow after our yummy healthy sandwiches we managed to eat sunflower seeds and cotton candy :o( by the time we got home my belly hurt. OOPS :o( Of course the day we went to the game they lost, oh well.

Saturday morning I wasn't feeling so hot. My back is still quite a bit sore so I decided to stay home. Finished off the week with NO runs :o( not good. Rocky went to the Mentor Led Run and said it went well. I'll have to get back on track this week.

Saturday evening Rocky had a gig in the city so we headed out there. Olivia, Karen and I met for dinner at Luka's in Oakland and then we headed to the gig. Rocky's band has been in a battle of the bands type competition for the last 6+ months and they have been doing really well. This weekend the winner got to go to LA and then that winner got a trip to Germany to perform. Although the band has been doing great this weekend they fell to 8th place and didn't get the trip to LA :o( they still put on a great show though and lots of our friends and family showed up. It was a fun evening. I am getting old though. I was home and in bed by 10pm :o)

Sunday was a much more mellow day although it started early but it was fun and I think it'll be come my Sunday "thing". Patch and I met Petra, doggie Domino, her friends Elanie, Elaine's fiance, doggie Fanny (I think, can't remember), Kate and doggie Sammy at the Sit-n-Stay Cafe at Pt. Isabel Dog Park. I know that Pt. Isabel has a dog park because we run by there when we do our 20 mil run from Berkeley to Richmond but I have never taken Patch there because I've always been nervous about taking him off the leash and letting him run around. I have visions of him getting mauled by a huge dog or him jumping in the bay. Typically when we take him to the dog park the doggies are all his size and breed and they are contained by a fence. I thought I would give Pt. Isabel a try though and see how it went. It went VERY well and I am very proud of my little guy. Once everyone arrived we got coffee and something to munch on at the Cafe and then we headed off. I let Patch off the leash and let him run around. He would get ahead of me and at times he would fall behind while we walked on the trail but he always made sure he could see me and wasn't too far away. He was very cute walking along side the other doggies and us proud mommies walking behind. We had a lot of fun. Pt. Isabel is pretty much a dirt trail so the doggies tend to get dirty. But no problem, Pt. Isabel also has a doggie wash, Mudpuppy's Tub & Scrub, perfect! We had made appointments for the doggies before we went on our walk. We did the self service doggie wash. You get shampoo, an apron for yourself, towels and a tub to wash your doggie in. Sam chose to go home but Patch, Domino and Fanny all took baths. They were nice and clean and smelled like Mango Tango shampoo :o) Nice and clean and into the car to the next stop.


We headed off to the Farmer's Market in the Temescal District. Petra had told me it was a cute farmer's market and they even had pet sitting there. So we went although Patch was asleep before I even made it out of the Pt. Isabel parking lot. Took the doggies to the doggie daycare and then walked around the Farmers Market. I got some yummy peaches and a very cool night light. Yes, I bought a night light at the farmers market, it was very cool though. I'll have to get a picture of it up here. Next it was off to Article Pract (yarn store) around the corner to buy a pattern for a hat I want to make for the Giant's game we are going to in a few weeks.

Finally is was time to go home. We'd been gone since 7:30am, doggie was pooped out and so was his mommy. We met Rocky after his class, grabbed some pizza to go and headed home to relax. Rocky and I had lunch and we all took a 3 hour nap. It was a great Sunday. I probably wont' be able to take Patch the park this weekend because my family is in town but I think we'll go back on the 15th.

2 comments:

Amy said...

The 3 wet dogs are pretty funny!

Carol said...

The pups look sooo cute! I love Pt Isabel and have to wash my pooches at Mudpuppies many times.