Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 25, 2007

Stitch-n-Pitch Tuesday

Last night Rocky and I headed out AT&T Park for Stitch-n-Pitch night at the game. We went last year with a bunch of our friends and had a great time so we once again headed out there this year. Last year we got a goodie bag filled with yarn, needles and patterns. This year we got the same goody bag except this year no yarn and but a few more needles and patterns. I don't think I watched any of the game except for when Bond's was up to bat. It was his birthday and he is 2 home runs away from breaking Hank Aaron's record. He didn't do so well and neither did the team. At about 9pm they were in the 8th inning and it seemed like there was no coming back so we left. I later got a message from Jeanette saying they had tied it up and going into extra innings, they still didn't manage to win so I'm glad we didn't stay and get stuck in the madness of everyone leaving. As it was when we left we were packed like sardines on the Muni Train. I'm surprised I didn't have a panic attack on that Muni, we literally could not move once we got in the train. It was pretty funny.

I had brought my knitting to the game so I worked on that and chatted with the rest of our friends. I swear I go to these games and I never end up really watching them. I go there to eat, mingle and people watch :o) Good thing our seats were only $20 :o) Rocky and I will actually be going back to the game this Friday with his family. His brother works for E-Trade and they have a luxury suite so we are all going. I think there is going to be another family there also. We did it 2 years ago and it was a lot of fun.

Tonight is Cause for Celebration for TNT. So we'll be heading out to that this evening. We get to hear a few people speak and then they give us a few appetizers and drinks. It's a nice evening out for our participants to hang out and get to know each other outside of training. It's probably the only other time in the season besides Kick Off where you see your teammates when they aren't sweaty :o)

No comments: