Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 30, 2007

The great outdoors

This weekend I spent a lot of time outside. The weather turned out to be perfect.

Friday night Rocky and I headed to San Francisco to the Giant's game. We got to see the game from a super nice luxury suite with super yummy food. We even got to watch Barry Bond's hit #754. I almost missed it though cause I was chit chatting...oops :o) I made sure to pay much closer attention the other times he was up to bat. The game turned out to be a great game and the Giant's even managed to win. They had fireworks at the end although Rocky and I watched those as we walked to the car. We needed to get home and get to bed since we had an early morning.


5:30am was when my alarm clock went of on Saturday :o( I later realized I could have gotten up at 6:15. Friday I had emailed Jeanette and Lindy with BART train info because we were all taking BART to the city to go to Kick Off. Jeanette was suppose to be on the train at 6:58, Lindy at 7:19 and myself at 7:38. For some darn reason the 6:58 time stuck in my head like glue and kept thinking that was the time I was to be on BART....WRONG :o( So I got up, got ready and headed out. I was running late because the puppies were going crazy, Rocky was heading out to go meet our Summer team and lead the mentor led run. It was a bit crazy. BART isn't very far from the house but I really didn't think I would make it. I parked the car ran to the elevator, ran to get my ticket, ran down the stairs only to find out that the platform wasn't working so I needed to catch the train on the upstairs platform, was confused so I asked the BART lady, got yelled at by the bart lady because I didn't say good morning :o( finally got to the right platform on the right train. No Lindy, No Jeanette :o( Call Jeanette, her phone is off. Call Lindy, she answers and I ask her where she is. She's at Lafayette waiting for her 7:19 train...huh!!! It finally hit me that I was 40 minutes early :o( I sat on the train and rode to SF alone and got to Kick Off an hour early. Poopy! Kick Off went well. We have a small team but it'll be a fun season. We were there til about 12pm and then I headed to the Daily Grill with Meenu and Chris for some much needed food. I had the Macaroni and Cheese, it was so darn good. Back to BART I went and headed home. Got home just in time to take a shower and head out again.

Olivia met us at the house and then her, Rocky and I headed out to Mountain View to watch Rocky's old boss and his band play. They had set up a stage and rented chairs and tables to set up outside at one of the band members house. We had stopped to grab a bite to eat on the way there because they had asked everyone to bring their own food and drinks but we didn't feel like doing all that. The band does cover sangs and although I didn't really know many of the sangs they sounded really good and did a great job. We had a good time.


Sunday was another early morning for me and Patch. We headed out to Pt. Isabel to meet Petra and Domino for a nice walk at the dog park. Patch has really been needing some alone time and I haven't been able to get him out of the house since we've been so busy. We walk him to go potty but he needs more play time. It was a bit chilly at Pt. Isabel but still a nice morning for a Sunday stroll with the doggies. Aftewards, we gave the doggies a bath and some scooby snacks :o) Again Petra and I headed over to the Farmer's Market, we couldn't stay long but we made sure to get some yummy coffee and I tried the empanadas from Argentina. They were 2 for $5 and they were so yummy that I had to go back for more. I also picked up a few Pot Pie's for Rocky to have for lunch. He said they were also very yummy.

I got home about 10ish and did some laundry and cleaned up our house a bit. Olivia was coming over at 12ish so we could go to the Alameda Art & Wine Festival. It had been chilly in the morning but by the time we headed out it had warmed up quite a bit which was nice because it can be cool in Alameda. We got to Alameda and managed to find parking pretty quickly. The first thing on the agenda was FOOD. Olivia was starving and by the time we got there so was I. Olivia found her corn dog stand and I had the calamari and fries. We walked around for a while and looked at all the booths which of course tend to be the same booths at all the festivals we go to. I think we had more fun people and dog watching. There were some very interesting people there. We didn't really partake in the wine/beer thing at the festival, it was kind of pricey and I really don't need another wine/beer glass from a festival in my house. I already don't know what to do with the ones I have. Olivia decided to go back to a both with some very cool seashell jewelery to buy some earrings and we also had to go back to one more food both :o) Ms. Olivia had to have FUNNEL CAKE. It looked super good and for a minute I also considered getting one but my belly was full.


I think we left the festival about 3:30 or so and I was finally feeling all the activities from the weekend and early mornings. Olivia was too. So we headed back to my house and she headed home. I went in, put my jammies on and tool a 2 hour nap...aahhhhh. Woke up and watched a little tv and then was back in bed by 9pm. My hubby had Kali in the morning and then had headed to his mommy and daddies house to help them with computer stuff. He got home and then did some stuff on the computer til about midnight. I have no clue how he does it. Rocky has an insane amount of enegry and can get up early and be up super late and it's no biggie. Me on the other hand, I don't function so well.

This week is back to training and luckily the coming weekend is fairly mellow so we'll get to rest up.

Did anyone catch where I said PUPPIES :o) Patch has a new friend, I'll update on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Gotta love those 2 hour Sunday afternoon naps!